Project Space Shuttle Vessel

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi there!

You can't really "focus" individual panels, it is a bit more realistic, the panels that are within reach of the current vc position will be available to interact with. So if you are in one of the forward seats, you will be able to access the forward panels, but you can't change a switch in one of the aft panels from there because in reality you couldn't reach it from the forward seats.
Okay cool,

Thank you ;) (y)

Gieno

Reaction score
OK - so I was actually able to perform an OMS 1 burn (imperfectly) -sort of following your instructions and also reading the crew software interface doc that was recommended. Wow - great fun - and closed the umbilical doors, open the star trackers and payload bay doors - all set for orbit! Now to do some more reading and experimenting.

Many thanks.
Hi Moonheart,

Besides the Nasa Flight Data Files, and
the SSU v5 ASCENT CHECK LIST. Are there any other check list or documentation available?
Where can I find the crew software interface doc?

moonheart

Reaction score
I think I found the files from the links GLS posted on reply #178. I sort of figured out some stuff through trial and error. I've attached a file and you can get a sense of things from there. Once in orbit I did the following:

Item 1-3 to choose OMS engines
Item 10-13 for timer - 000:00:35:55:0 exec
Item 19 + (for prograde) - 200.4 exec
Item 22 exec - to load
Item 23 exec - timer
item 27 - auto sequence
flashing - enter exec to initiate burn

This got me into a circular orbit - from there I was able to fool around with things.
I'm not that adept at the systems or procedures, but it was a lot of fun working at it.

Attachments

• 383444main_crew_software_interface_21002.pdf
    833.2 KB · Views: 41

Gieno

Reaction score
I think I found the files from the links GLS posted on reply #178. I sort of figured out some stuff through trial and error. I've attached a file and you can get a sense of things from there. Once in orbit I did the following:

Item 1-3 to choose OMS engines
Item 10-13 for timer - 000:00:35:55:0 exec
Item 19 + (for prograde) - 200.4 exec
Item 22 exec - to load
Item 23 exec - timer
item 27 - auto sequence
flashing - enter exec to initiate burn

This got me into a circular orbit - from there I was able to fool around with things.
I'm not that adept at the systems or procedures, but it was a lot of fun working at it.
Okay Cool.
Thank you ;) 👍

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed the SSV, and have no problems with it once again awesome add-on.
What I have notice is that, in the Earth.cfg I have the DIR Earth\SSV CONTEXT SSV.

Code:
; === Surface Bases ===
; place additional bases or
; base directories in this list
BEGIN_SURFBASE
DIR Earth\SSV CONTEXT SSV
DIR Earth\Base
END_SURFBASE

The small problem I have, is I have LC39A SpaceX where I have to change in the Earth.cfg the below Code. To have the BaseSpaceX CONTEXT, will it affect anything with the SSV CONTEXT if I had to make any changes?

Or is there a way to have both?

Code:
BEGIN_SURFBASE
DIR Earth\BaseSpaceX CONTEXT SpaceX
DIR Earth\Base
END_SURFBASE

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi,

I installed the SSV, and have no problems with it once again awesome add-on.
What I have notice is that, in the Earth.cfg I have the DIR Earth\SSV CONTEXT SSV.

Code:
; === Surface Bases ===
; place additional bases or
; base directories in this list
BEGIN_SURFBASE
DIR Earth\SSV CONTEXT SSV
DIR Earth\Base
END_SURFBASE

The small problem I have, is I have LC39A SpaceX where I have to change in the Earth.cfg the below Code. To have the BaseSpaceX CONTEXT, will it affect anything with the SSV CONTEXT if I had to make any changes?

Or is there a way to have both?

Code:
BEGIN_SURFBASE
DIR Earth\BaseSpaceX CONTEXT SpaceX
DIR Earth\Base
END_SURFBASE
Hi there!
It should work with all 3 entries in there.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Quick update: lots going on high above our heads, courtesy of indy91, which will provide a big improvement in rendezvous. Meanwhile I've been fixing my bugs and doing "housekeeping" tasks that, while not being a feature for the user, do improve a lot the day-to-day development of the project.
I've also been working in the Systems Management software, which initially will only handle the Payload Bay Door operations. In the future the RMS modules will be added, opening the door for neat things like different PORs and auto-sequences.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
A late gift: Space Shuttle Vessel v1.4 is now available for download! :hailprobe:
https://github.com/GLS-SSV/SSV/releases/tag/v1.4

Again, tons of changes "behind the curtains", but also several visible changes, the largest ones being:
  • much improved SPEC 34, which allows for calculation of the final rendezvous burns, courtesy of indy91;
  • added a second GPC running the beginnings of the Systems Management software, currently only running the Payload Bay doors software, so door open/close is now a software controlled process instead of the simple "switch flip" of the past;
  • improved landing site table editing experience, plus it can now be saved to elsewhere in a formatted way;
  • corrected the polarity of the ADI error and rate needles, so they should be safe to follow (although they are still only 100% correct during entry/landing);
  • added runway distance markers to EDW22/04.

Looking ahead to next year:
  • CCTV will finally become a reality;
  • more improvements in the orbital segment of the flight;
  • return to the graphics work to finish some missing items;
  • hopefully finish the implementation of the "next big thing": the OMS/RCS;
  • maybe RMS improvements;
  • and tons of other small (or not) additions and corrections.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
After having some time to test v1.4, I can report some issues:

*PEG 4 targets not accepted in MM105, always resulting in "ILLEGAL ENTRY". It seems that it is specifically ITEM 16 (HT) that is generating it. It was working in v1.3 and eariler versions.
*IUS Adapter Offset value does nothing in game
*IUS Payload Offset value does nothing in game
*With 1985 pad config selected, the RSS begins to move at T-7:30 instead of the OAA

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
*PEG 4 targets not accepted in MM105, always resulting in "ILLEGAL ENTRY". It seems that it is specifically ITEM 16 (HT) that is generating it. It was working in v1.3 and eariler versions.
I messed up upgrading the Illegal Entry logic and had the opposite check of MM. 🤦‍♂️

*IUS Adapter Offset value does nothing in game
*IUS Payload Offset value does nothing in game
No issues here, IUS or Centaur. Check the log for any messages related to the adapter parameters.

*With 1985 pad config selected, the RSS begins to move at T-7:30 instead of the OAA
Could not reproduce the RSS moving instead of the OAA, but there was a problem generating the 1985 LC39 scenarios, coupled with a less than ideal loading logic meant that the RSS state got corrupted, so the OAA would not retract (it only retracts if the RSS is parked).

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Only message in the log I could find regarding the IUS adapter: (SSV_IUS_SRM2) [INFO] Added payload adapter: mesh:SSV\IUS\IUS_DSCS_Adapter|height:10.000000|mass:350.000000

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
After a bit more checking around, you can safely disregard the IUS offset issues, those were errors on my part. After generating new scenarios through the Mission Editor, the RSS is now stuck in the MATE position despite the scenario parameter indicating otherwise.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
  • return to the graphics work to finish some missing items;
If you are doing some graphics work, here's one that is currently missing: RBUS carrier plate foot cavities always present on Atlantis. Atlantis always had these. Back during her 1997-1999 OMDP, only the upper cavity was capped to allow for addition of the left-side NASA meatball logo, the lower cavity remained/remains untouched. So it was one of those permanent modifications. Challenger was the same after she received them at KSC during her OPF flow for STS-61A.

In a similar subject, the Payload LOX Fill/Drain port on the right T0 umbilical panel needs to be uncapped and appear similar to the MPS LOX F/D port on the same panel as the Centaur LOX servicing was going to through there. Both operational MLPs (MLP-1 for STS-41G and MLP-2 for STS-51A) had already been modified to support those operations.

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
After generating new scenarios through the Mission Editor, the RSS is now stuck in the MATE position despite the scenario parameter indicating otherwise.
The Mission Editor does not generate scenarios with the RSS in Mate, so you probably created a scenario which has a "non-standard" configuration.
There are (basic) checks of the position of the pad structures to avoid collisions (this should probably added to the manual). For the RSS to move, the OAA must be extended and the OWP (if present) must be retracted.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I might have phrased things a bit strange there. What I meant was that after I had the Miision Editor create new scenarios, the RSS now starts out in the MATE position, rather than the PARK position.

The RSS animation parameter is 0 0.0000 as it should be. I have not altered the scenarios at all.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The 1985 pad was getting the RSS state corrupted as it was wrongfully "loading" the RSS_OWP parameters, that were begin generated when they shouldn't. Both issues should be fixed (no *_OWP scenario parameters in 1985 and even if they exist it shouldn't cause problems).

Marg

Reaction score
I just "activated" OpenOrbiter with all new atmosphere effects, at last sunrise and sunset are quite realistic, just thought how difficult is to adjust SSV for OpenOrbiter? Although I will continue to use Orbiter 2016, but it would be interesting to launch at "new" sunrise\sunset at some later moment...

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I just "activated" OpenOrbiter with all new atmosphere effects, at last sunrise and sunset are quite realistic, just thought how difficult is to adjust SSV for OpenOrbiter? Although I will continue to use Orbiter 2016, but it would be interesting to launch at "new" sunrise\sunset at some later moment...
There is a branch for the new Orbiter, but other than a rare compile and run, it is waiting for an official Orbiter release. It's a sort of "preview of possible issues", to minimize the time between the release of a new version of Orbiter and a compatible SSV version, but is not under active development.
As for releases, I'll only develop and release for the "current" Orbiter version (2016). That is already hard and time consuming enough. Otherwise, someone wants SSV for Orbiter 2010, someone else wants SSV for the new Orbiter, someone else want SSV for Orbiter 2006, etc, etc, and it quickly becomes a nightmare with maintaining compatibility instead of adding features and fixing issues.

And now some news, a few improvements to the external lights, that should arrive sometime in the Spring:
newlights.PNG
Gone is the unrealistic glow ball at the light source and now an "on texture" indicates that the light is on. In D3D9 an emissive texture makes the light source visible in the dark (image above).
Also, the PLB floodlights will have a more realistic performance, and will take a couple of minutes to reach full brightness. No failures are planned for now, so turning them on and off like crazy won't make them fail, unlike the real ones.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Release Tuesday! :hailprobe:

Earlier than initially planned, due to the bugs in the last release, v1.5 is now available for download: https://github.com/GLS-SSV/SSV/releases/tag/v1.5
The major changes are:
  • improvements in the OMS TVC
  • @indy91 has further improved the "orbital segment", with new orbit state estimation, improved OMS burn logic and SPEC 33, which enables rendezvous and shows where the target vessel is
  • improved FCS SAT fault message
  • corrections to the PEG-4 inputs and pad scenario parameters issues

Unless something is seriously wrong, the next release should be sometime in the Spring, with the new lights, CCTV and more. Updates will be posted along the way.