Project Space Transportation System 2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here are the zip files for the STS2016. I have a goggle drive set up so updates/changes can be made. Thanks to all. There were fact checkers, mesh checkers, scenarios testers and checkers. People who helped with the code,.... A lot of this was reverse engineering of SF(Shuttle Fleet). We choose to use MS2015 for the launches. Because you can make changes to the ET, srb outside of the dll. Hope this spurs others to do the other missions. Improve on the VC's. Maybe 2d cockpit

zip of the files

Goggle drive:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PP5LAxfVxnK62RdD88x8xAJXi2f2RjmK

drag chute buttons:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxDoaTJwOZEG_JTsQ_WWQXdoFjjjhH32/view?usp=sharing
1 missing textures:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pgCnaZIO_QUXT3E61XIFHyaFzf89Ksp2/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well first mistake. For the Early shuttle not all had Drag chutes. So the early shuttle cockpit mesh doesn't have the drag chute buttons next to the hud. So if in the scenario chute is indicated now the drag chute indicators are seen.

Working making cleaner early shuttle textures also.

Attachments

• sts2016dragchuteupdate.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 60

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Not sure if completed. But a good beginning. I am working on the vc. Cleaning it up,.....

Tim13

Reaction score
Dumb question.....what is this? Is it the old Shuttle Fleet ported to 2016? If it is, you will achieve God status on this site..... :cool:

EDIT:
Okay, I see now. It's layered on top of the SF. Holy smokes, that is quite the complicated install. Too tired to give it a whirl tonight....LOL.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. it can be it really depends on what your are doing. If you want HD pads or default pads. Most of the stuff is payloads. But needed to reverse engineer SF. Some thing I was able to redo some not. LIke the HUD when the air probes engaged. The call out also.

Tim13

Reaction score
Well, I got the base package installed. Runs fine when I select the on orbit scenarios. I now need to dust off the 'ole brain, and try to remember how to set up launch scenarios....it's been forever since I've used the old Shuttle Fleet. Pro tip: Using the main engine control of keypad [+] results in a SpaceX Starship type event. :p.

Thanks for putting this together. The Space Shuttle SSU project is great fun, but there are times when it's enjoyable to just fly vehicles in basic mode like the Shuttle Fleet allows. Good job sir.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. For launches you need to use MS2015. I know SF You could just add it to a scenario.

But in my opinion you were limited by the code. By using MS2015 you can make your own srb, ET,....

Same thing limit on the shuttle you want. I added some extra ones so it you want to retexture your could just change the OV

Tim13

Reaction score
Oh, OK. I'm not familiar with MS2015. Time to read up on how to use it. ?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Probably the easiest way is to copy a scn. Change the date/time,..... For shuttle use need a cfg ini to tell which et, srb,.... and the guidance.

Tim13

Reaction score
OK. I'll give that a try. Right now I just fired it up, and the MS2015 MFD displays "This Vessel is not a Multistage2015".

Gotta run some errands. Will try again later this evening.

Thanks,

Tim

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. So the shuttle is not ms2015. Just the launch (SRB, ET) are. There is a way to select the shuttle. I will post a couple of images of how.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So in the shuttle. Press the sel button. Type in the MS vessel name. This was STS1 so the MS vessel is ET1
iWS2C5x.jpg

0WLohst.jpg

lSiMaQw.jpg

Tim13

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'm just not wrapping my brain around the whole process. I go back to Orbiter 2006, so I'm not a noob.....LOL. I think I'm just going to sit back until someone posts a "how to" video, or step by step tutorial. Looking over the files though, it's clear you and your cohorts have put in a tremendous amount of work on this for the community.

Regards,

Tim

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Step by step to make a launch scenario? For non launch scenario. You can add the shuttle and then change the OV(Orbiter Version)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something looks odd. Have you been able to run a scenario

Tim13

Reaction score
I can run "on orbit" scenarios from the Shuttle Fleet v4.8, but launch scenarios...no. I've also tried to copy some of the scenarios from the "SpaceTransportationSystem2016" folder, but I get a CTD. I know that MS2015 is installed correctly, because I can run the "SH_SLS - TEST" scenario.

I'm sorry for taking up your time like this. I've got a few days off here, so I'll keep poking around. I'm starting to think that I'm running into a "folder in a folder" situation when I'm extracting these files.

Last edited: