Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ok, thanks. I will commit your sources under your name. Normally I use the forum handles for that, but if you like, I can use a standard template in the form of "Full Name <[email protected]>". If you prefer the later, just drop me a note.
Not sure about the name-email, is it spam safe?
I'd prefer the forum name - it's a common one for me in many related places.

I've also registered on bitbucket, if that is of any use.

I'll rather use the free compiler, so I know that it works if other developers want to change something there.
Ok, FPC 2.6.0 appear to work fine.
Compile with "fpc -O3 -Xs -XX -Mdelphi -FUunits xves.dpr".

Interesting enough this is the second time now that someone just had to say "let's do it" to get the community moving.
When the pressure is high enough, it can take a single tap to cause the explosion. :)

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not sure about the name-email, is it spam safe?
I'd prefer the forum name - it's a common one for me in many related places.

I've also registered on bitbucket, if that is of any use.

Normally it should be spam safe, yes. All public displays should be filtered for emails. But I'm also skeptic about that, so I use forum handles normally. Yes, your registration there is of use, because I can directly link the name to your account there. I'll make it so.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
And?
I don't see buttons for MFDs routed in there.
Or do you want to assign some random buttons from the panel as them?

Yes. Assigning the buttons and switches seen in the cockpit.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm going to post it as soon as I've got your work up and running there.
It's been over 12 hours - are there any problems with the code, or are you just living out the non-Orbiter part of life?

Yes. Assigning the buttons and switches seen in the cockpit.
I've checked the documentation again, and i seem to get it - the rectangles in blue to the sides of MFDs are the areas designated for holding the buttons, right?

It appears to be a bit simpler than i thought - instead of a rect per button you only need two rects to contain left and right sided buttons, or even one rect to contain them all.
That simplifies things.

What about the interface?
How it is to be defined in the ini?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
the rectangles in blue to the sides of MFDs are the areas designated for holding the buttons, right?
That's just strips of Velcro. The general design seems to have been copied directly from the Shuttle MEDS (Multifunctional Electronic Display Subsystem).

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's been over 12 hours - are there any problems with the code, or are you just living out the non-Orbiter part of life?

You see, it is really more of the later than the former. After my usual work-day, attending a funeral, and playing a bit with the kids after they received the mid-term report cards, I didn't find the time to do it yet.

I know that it is a hassle to have to wait for my usual slow pace to move on, but please stay tuned.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I know that it is a hassle to have to wait for my usual slow pace to move on, but please stay tuned.
Don't worry, i'm not complaining. :)

That's just strips of Velcro. The general design seems to have been copied directly from the Shuttle MEDS (Multifunctional Electronic Display Subsystem).
Then i'm still trying to untangle a miscommunication.
Are the buttons supposed to be defined near an MFD, or any flat surface will do?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
A picture is worth ... Well, you know.

The red indicates the positions to be clicked on with the mouse to trigger an event. Also, as you can see, some of the switches and knobs are 3D groups in the mesh, which need to be animated also.

Attachments

• VCbuttons.jpg
    VCbuttons.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 34

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
With Artlav's contribution, I thought it is now the right time to split this off into its own thread here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=404723 .

Please continue discussion about "genericvessel" (or whatever we'll call it in the end) there.