General Question Spacecraft3 Spacecraft

penlu

Reaction score
I was wondering how to tell different spacecraft apart when they are spacecraft3 based in scenarios. Do the spacecraft have to be named correctly in the scenario file for them to be the right spacecraft? If I were to go into a SwiftSS scenario and change the name of one of the spacecraft, would it still be the same one? How does the scenario tell apart the spacecraft when they are spacecraft3 based?

Say I took:
SSSB1:Spacecraft\spacecraft3
STATUS Landed Earth
POS -80.7084905 28.6249350
HEADING 150.00
ATTACHED 0:0,SSSJ1
PRPLEVEL 0:1.000
NAVFREQ 0 0
RCS 1
CTRL_SURFACE 1
CONFIGURATION 1
CURRENT_PAYLOAD 0
SEQ 4 -2 0.000000
SEQ 5 -2 0.000000

And changed the name highlighted in bold, SSSB1, and replaced it with, say, BP101, would it still be the SwiftSS second stage or would it turn into a solar panel?

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Spacecraft3 works by looking at the name of the spacecraft, then looking at that name's .ini file and sending the characteristics of that spacecraft onto Orbiter itself. So if you changed the name in the scenario file, you'd get a different spacecraft entirely (or Orbiter would crash if you don't have a spacecraft with that file name in the config/spacecraft folder! :p).
Now what you can do (developer's license pending) is create a .cfg file for that spacecraft. It's real simple, in the example you posted, all you'd need in the config file is:
Code:
module=spacecraft
Just make sure in the scenario file, the name is still the same as in the .ini file. The main reason for doing this is the spacecraft can then be selected in the scenario editor (again, make sure the name is the same! this is critical!) and it's a tad easier at least IMHO to enter stuff into scenario files.