Updates SpaceX Falcon 9 F5 CRS SpX-2 through CRS SpX-12 Updates

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
They may have sunk the barge this time.

Only words what I do hear so far is likely a hard-landing destroyed the first stage. But of course, time would tell soon what happened exactly, and of the barge is okay or not.

But lets not forget the main goal was to launch the Dragon to the ISS, about that, SpaceX done a good job.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Still a pretty good accomplishment. And lets not forget that the entire point of the launch was to put Dragon in orbit.

Now I get to hear the neighbor kids voice going "Falcon! Punch!" in my head for the next several hours.

Last edited:

Treetop64

Reaction score
The fact that the stage even made it to the barge is an accomplishment in itself. It's only a matter of time before it lands successfully.

First still shot of the stage approaching the barge on Livestream, before impact...

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Elon Musk @elonmusk
Looks like Falcon landed fine, but excess lateral velocity caused it to tip over post landing

CClJ-UsW0AEpNnd.jpg:orig

CClJ-UuW4AAKOog.jpg:orig

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The fact that the stage even made it to the barge is an accomplishment in itself. It's only a matter of time before it lands successfully.

The НПО машиностроения begs to differ there. They have prior art.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

The second image looks like the stage buckled after touchdown and collapsed.

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
The НПО машиностроения begs to differ there. They have prior art.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

The second image looks like the stage buckled after touchdown and collapsed.

Yea, the buckled can be an effect of the camera self, but indeed on that second picture it looks like the first stage moved from left (first picture) to right and collapsed.

But I really can't see details yet on those picture, especially the second. I hope SpaceX release a video or at least some better pictures about what happened on the final moments on that badge.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
looks like the barge is rolled to the right, or correcting for a big wave.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Or maybe the wide angle lens.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Still a pretty good accomplishment. And lets not forget that the entire point of the launch was to put Dragon in orbit.

The point of this launch was to put Dragon into orbit, but the point of SpaceX is to drastically lower launch costs through reusability.

There have only been two tries, and it is not the end of the world here, but I would expect SpaceX to feel some pressure to get the landing fixed already.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Well, they crashed on it instead of into it this time, so I consider that an improvement.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
looks like the barge is rolled to the right, or correcting for a big wave.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Or maybe the wide angle lens.

50% lens, 50% list, I would say... the mast on the right is not vertical to the horizon, but it is also not vertical in the picture.