Launch News SpaceX: Inspiration4 mission.

statisticsnerd

Reaction score
The lack of any sort of update after the launch is a frightening. Are they ok ? Not even a tweet or a photo out of the window...
We could go the conspiracy theory route and say that there was no one inside of the Dragon capsule that launched last night and the crew members were filmed at a set in Hollywood. LOL

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Space sickness being my 1st guess, NETFLIX exclusive being my 2nd.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Space sickness being my 1st guess, NETFLIX exclusive being my 2nd.

Yeah, but that would be no reason to not post a small update. I suspect, its sleep phase after launch day now, so in a few hours will be the first "morning" of FD2 in space.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Usually people twitter tweet once they've got a nice meal (independent of any sickness)....
Not doing so when reaching orbit is strange, I'll have to admit.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
The lack of updates might be deliberate news silence due to the crew bickering about who gets to look out of the cupola:

"I wanna look!"

"Nuh uh! It's my turn!"

"You already had an hour in there..."

"I'm telling Elon you were mean."

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If I can find it, I think someone had posted a selfie with that window in the background. If I can find it again I'll link to it.

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
What about high quality video from orbit? No downlinks? No tapes? Even NASA and ESA arrived in 2021 in this regard...

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
If you spend millions dollars for a space trip and don't post pictures on social media... you must look very sick :sick:
I guess it's because they are not really trained to be astronauts in terms of profession. Actually they are "just" tourists onboard an autonomous spacecraft. Astronauts are even trained for public relations. I guess tourists are not.

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
They did that via livestream - but not all the time. Maybe for marketing, since there is also a Netflix show about it.
Ah, yeah, I guess it's just what it is: "commercial" spaceflight. Never got enthusiastic about Netflix. If the scientific and institutional part is missing, it somehow gets out of my focus ? Seems I am boring ? But I liked the series of Skott Kelly about his one year in space by the Time magazine. Difference though...