Thanks DaveS much appreciated
this is just a personal quick launch scenario

i checked the scn mentioned and it
starts sunday april 12 11:05:04 1981
should be sunday April 12 7:59:00 am
and a launch at am 7:00:03
we'll get there
Yall are doing great indeed
The scenario is correct as Donamy points out. You're quoting the T0 in local timezone, EDT. Orbiter being metric and scientific uses UTC. 7 am EDT equals 1200 UTC.

L-10 minutes would then be 1150:00 UTC Sunday April 12 1981.

1hippienaut

Reaction score
gotcha right on
makes perfect sense
thats how we learn
Thank yall indeed

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can Edwards be added as an available landing site in SSU? I have a working Edwards base with Landsat imagery which I can check in if there's interest:
Checked in the EDW landing site. The SITE ID (ITEM 41) number is 45.

I also have some entry/TAEM scenarios for Edwards. I can check these in if someone's interested. They don't correspond to any specfic mission, but they're useful to try out an entry to Edwards.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Checked in the EDW landing site. The SITE ID (ITEM 41) number is 45.

I also have some entry/TAEM scenarios for Edwards. I can check these in if someone's interested. They don't correspond to any specfic mission, but they're useful to try out an entry to Edwards.
Could you check those scenarios in please? Maybe it is time to for us to get own STA? If Donamy is OK with it, we could use his STA mesh/texture which he made for David413's NASA Aircraft Fleet.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Checked the scenarios into the Testing Scenarios folder.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort involved to simulate the STA. I think it's more important to keep working on the Space Shuttle simulation.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I think I have an apology to give regarding me saying a while ago that the panel R2 had incorrect MPS Dump switches (among others). Looks like I wasn't entirely correct. I found some old text and then went around the internet and found this picture (looks like a sim or something):
3516241259_27156df0f9_o.jpg

and if you look closely on the right side, the MPS Dump switches are like the ones we have in SSU at the moment. So it looks like our panel is not incorrect, but simply a different version that was used sometime during the program (probably on the 80s). Looked up who checked in the R2 texture and it was Urwumpe so my apologies to you :embarrassed:.
(the current MPS Dump implementation follows the "recent version" panel)

On the subject of the MPS: again I ran out of time :(, and have stop so I can study. I'll be on full time again in July. It's still not ready for "public consumption" but in the meantime please use and abuse of the version in that branch to find bugs.

(potentially) silly question: how can I change between MFDs in center panels? (like left/right shift+F1)

BTW: I have a few "bug reports", should I post them here or use the ticket system in SF?

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To change MFDs, hold down the PG button; eventually the MFD selection screen appears.

For posting bug reports, the SF ticket system is preferred.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Where do we stand on getting the ascent trajectory parameter calculations working again? I need them to be able to generate mission files.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Where do we stand on getting the ascent trajectory parameter calculations working again? I need them to be able to generate mission files.

I don't know if I can do it soon, maybe somebody else should have a shot at it.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't know if I can do it soon, maybe somebody else should have a shot at it.

Anything workable to check in on the new SSU Toolbox, even if it is only the GUI?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Anything workable to check in on the new SSU Toolbox, even if it is only the GUI?

Makes no sense, if nobody is around to work on it. Also it was just a quick XML / Java prototype to have something to discuss.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I can't compile the MECOTool, because it uses MFC, which isn't included with Visual Studio Express.

Yes, that is why the plan was to redo it. My favorite would be a Java solution, JavaFX worked great, but then, I am pretty much the only Java guy around here, it makes no sense.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Makes no sense, if nobody is around to work on it. Also it was just a quick XML / Java prototype to have something to discuss.
How easy is it to call C++ code from Java? We can probably reuse some of the libUltra code in the new SSU toolbox.

The other thing I would like to see is some sort of Mission Control, which allows for flight planning (target rendezvous burns, etc.). I'm not sure if this should run within Orbiter or as a standalone application (part of SSU toolbox?).

Status
Not open for further replies.