Status
Not open for further replies.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'd like one where you play with the MDUs.
On the attachment rotation... I have no idea what is going on there... :facepalm:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here's one after launch and after I messed with the commander's left MDU.

Attachments

• Orbiterlog.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 153

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The attachment problem is progressive. I tried rotating in single joint WY to ninety degrees. At the end of ninety degrees, the attachment is off slightly. When I rotate it back it doesn't correct it. Anymore movement with the WY, just makes it worse.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

I posted about the MDU issue in the D3D9 thread. Do they work in MOGE?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have the same GPU (GTX 970) and I don't have any issues with the MDUs. May I inquire about your driver version and D3D9Client version?

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

What MFD mode is selected/activated ? This should not happen with stock MFDs nor with SSUs internal MFD modes.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have the same GPU (GTX 970) and I don't have any issues with the MDUs. May I inquire about your driver version and D3D9Client version?

Nvidia driver 381.89
D3D9Client R2 Beta 4

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

What MFD mode is selected/activated ? This should not happen with stock MFDs nor with SSUs internal MFD modes.

MFD Auto 512x512

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Here's the relevant code:
Code:
				if (gcEnabled() && (gcSketchpadVersion( skp ) == 2) && hADIball)
				{
					// D3D9 paint stuff (SKP2)
				}
				else
				{
					HDC hDC = skp->GetDC();
					if (hDC)
					{
						int save = SaveDC( hDC );
						// MOGE paint stuff (GDI)
						RestoreDC( hDC, save );
					}
				}
The idea is to use Sketchpad2 when running D3D9 and use GDI (because it has a few more goodies than Sketchpad) when running MOGE.
The GetDC() call (and error message) can only happen when running MOGE, or in D3D9 if one of this tests (gcEnabled() && (gcSketchpadVersion( skp ) == 2) && hADIball) fail. I don't know how this tests are passed in some MDUs and not others... :idk:

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The GetDC() call (and error message) can only happen when running MOGE, or in D3D9 if one of this tests (gcEnabled() && (gcSketchpadVersion( skp ) == 2) && hADIball) fail.

Can you reproduce the problem ?

If not, then, there is a probability that some other software is being run in the MDUs resulting the error.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

If not, then, there is a probability that some other software is being run in the MDUs resulting the error.
The only way I can reproduce it on my end is by either deleting ADI mesh or renaming it so Orbiter can't find it. So it seems like Donamy might be running the alpha 5.0 modules on a 4.2 installation. Of course this can't work as we have changed things significantly since 4.2.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

Never had any issues with the MDUs, MOGE or D3D9.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

The only way I can reproduce it on my end is by either deleting ADI mesh or renaming it so Orbiter can't find it. So it seems like Donamy might be running the alpha 5.0 modules on a 4.2 installation. Of course this can't work as we have changed things significantly since 4.2.

Only reading this did I check... the release file list doesn't contain the ADI mesh, so he probably doesn't have it... my fail...
jiFfM.jpg

Donamy, please download this and place it in the "\Meshes\SSU" folder.
I'll correct the missing entry soon.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Closer. Is there a texture missing ?

Attachments

• cockpit2.jpg
    cockpit2.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 249

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks !! All MDUs are working. Now, if only the RMS rotation problem could be fixed, I'd be a happy camper. :hmm:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks !! All MDUs are working. Now, if only the RMS rotation problem could be fixed, I'd be a happy camper. :hmm:
I still have replicate that issue. Could you capture and upload a video of it so we can see it as it is happening?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Found something interesting. At 10x speed, the rotation error does not occur. At normal speed, the rotation error starts at just 2 or 3, 90 degree rotations of the wrist yaw joint.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I was wrong. The rotation error still occurs at 10x speed, but at a much slower less noticeable rate.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Found something interesting. At 10x speed, the rotation error does not occur. At normal speed, the rotation error starts at just 2 or 3, 90 degree rotations of the wrist yaw joint.

Does it only happen when moving the WR joint? Any differences show when changing reference modes? When the error starts showing, do the joint angles and EE orientation numbers still make sense (i.e., do they jump suddenly or start changing in the other direction)?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
All three rotations are affected, pitch being most pronounced, then yaw, then roll. All seem to develop a roll to the left out of plane from attachment, that continues no matter which direction. The joint angle don't read any other angles, other than the one selected.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Do translations alone also produce the error? If so, do the EE attitude numbers remain +/- constant?
Also, does the error continue to grow non-stop, or does it hit a point and stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.