Status
Not open for further replies.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm not even sure which mesh I have, it's been changed so many times.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm not even sure which mesh I have, it's been changed so many times.
The screenshot of the SSU mesh mapping is from the one I sent you. For the FWD fuselage, the 4.2 mesh and the new 5.0 mesh are practically identical.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Practically ?? When is it going to stop changing ? Time to move on I think.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Practically ?? When is it going to stop changing ? Time to move on I think.
This is the last time hopefully. I'm as tired of it as you are. For some reason the dimensions had changed somewhere from the accurate ones to inaccurate ones. I also corrected the shapes of the wings and the aft engine compartment. If these changes stick, then it is the very last time I'll touch it unless someone finds something wrong of major proportions.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So can you send me the "final" mesh, and I'll look at it when I can.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So can you send me the "final" mesh, and I'll look at it when I can.
You already got it, it was the New_Orbiter.zip file. Sans a few final fixes and the new OMS pods that can fit the reshaped aft engine compartment shoulders.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What happened to the plby vent doors and the forward RCS cutouts ?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What happened to the plby vent doors and the forward RCS cutouts ?
The vent doors should be there. The FRCS nozzles, I was going to redo them the same way we have the other penetrations on the orbiter, through that transparent window method that you came up with. The ARCS nozzles already use it, same when it comes to the Bay 13 openings for the Centaur propellant lines that connect to the CISS.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No vent doors, just rectangles.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No vent doors, just rectangles.
Are you talking about the actual meshes that have "AVS" in their names? AVS is what the system is actually called, Active Vent System, part of the Purge, Vent and Drain (PVD) system.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
yes. those.
So what's wrong with them? Those are the vent doors after all. Are you referring to the cavities? Once again, the transparent window method, the cavities are there, the "windows" are missing for now.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can I suggest documenting the mesh changes on the main STS stack meshes somewhere? Like having a "SSU orbiter mesh development" thread and a "SSU VC development thread"?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
About adding more than one "click area" to the panels, I'll commit the changes to the VC branch because I'm seeing that the missing click problem shows up in more places after I added a new area. This way we maintain the "problem level" in the trunk, until the Doc says what he found.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Urwumpe hopefully will pardon me, I am now going even further out of topic but I don't know if this deserves a separate thread so I'll post it here: so I am thinking about bringing my hi-res "suite" made for the Fleet onto SSU. As you know the two Shuttles are quite different, a simple copy/paste wouldn't work and even trying to adapt the Fleet textures to SSU is at least questionable. I am trying to understand where should I start from as it seems SSU is undergoing some minor changes which could make my work useless, i.e. I had a look at the file DaveS sent to Donamy (New_Orbiter) and noticed some differences from the SSU 4.2 textures files. Shall I wait until you guys are done with your stuff and have the files updated or am I GO for launch with the existing textures?
Thanks

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Urwumpe hopefully will pardon me, I am now going even further out of topic but I don't know if this deserves a separate thread so I'll post it here: so I am thinking about bringing my hi-res "suite" made for the Fleet onto SSU. As you know the two Shuttles are quite different, a simple copy/paste wouldn't work and even trying to adapt the Fleet textures to SSU is at least questionable. I am trying to understand where should I start from as it seems SSU is undergoing some minor changes which could make my work useless, i.e. I had a look at the file DaveS sent to Donamy (New_Orbiter) and noticed some differences from the SSU 4.2 textures files. Shall I wait until you guys are done with your stuff and have the files updated or am I GO for launch with the existing textures?
Thanks
This new mesh/textures are intended for the 5.0 release which is quite a bit in the future, it might even depend on a future Orbiter-2016 patch to fix various VC issues we have been experiencing. So you could go ahead an adapt your textures for 4.2, while slowly working on the 5.0 versions.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This new mesh/textures are intended for the 5.0 release which is quite a bit in the future, it might even depend on a future Orbiter-2016 patch to fix various VC issues we have been experiencing. So you could go ahead an adapt your textures for 4.2, while slowly working on the 5.0 versions.

Will eventually the 4.2 textures be usable with SSU 5.0? If not I maybe rather wait for 5.0 to be released (unless it is very far from from being ready, I mean years from now)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Will eventually the 4.2 textures be usable with SSU 5.0? If not I maybe rather wait for 5.0 to be released (unless it is very far from from being ready, I mean years from now)
The areas that will change from a texture perspective is the forward fuselage and the upper wing surfaces. The rest will remain completely unchanged from 4.2.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I noticed some of the frame work, around the windows has become distorted. Was the cockpit squashed somehow ?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I noticed some of the frame work, around the windows has become distorted. Was the cockpit squashed somehow ?
Where's the distortion? I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.