SSU Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingin

Reaction score
Question about OPS 2 PFD, Just the FDAI remains and Speed, Altitude,etc tapes vanish
I don't remember if it was like that before or not?

F9mpB2.jpg

By the way, I tested the Beta Branch for autoland and FDM changes, Really a nice work there, on the mark:
Drag and Vario experienced are much more coherent with the back up Vario/Drag layout we have in OPS 304

fk1Ir7.jpg

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Question about OPS 2 PFD, Just the FDAI remains and Speed, Altitude,etc tapes vanish
I don't remember if it was like that before or not?

F9mpB2.jpg

Nothing changed in there for some time now. I think the tapes are not draw, but it could be that it is actually like MM101, where they are shown in red outlines. :shrug:
Anyway, they have a larger ADI for orbit in the Orbit PFD.

By the way, I tested the Beta Branch for autoland and FDM changes, Really a nice work there, on the mark:
Drag and Vario experienced are much more coherent with the back up Vario/Drag layout we have in OPS 304

fk1Ir7.jpg

Yeah, it gets to the runway 99.9% of the times (even from some almost-lost-cause situations), but there are still some inconsistencies in that I have to figure out.
I'm currently typing/checking/reworking the lateral aero data to fix the lateral issues (on the 3rd of 5 tables, at a rate of about 1/3 of a table per day), and then the same will have to be done for the longitudinal issues.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Pardon the stupid question but how can I update the latest branch with SVN in order to have the new entry guidance system working with my SSU install?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Pardon the stupid question but how can I update the latest branch with SVN in order to have the new entry guidance system working with my SSU install?

You perform a svn switch from the trunk to the branch you want.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
How do I do that? Is there such an option when I run the SVN update?

Right-click on the trunk, TortoiseSVN menu >> Switch... >> To path: (select /branches/OrbitersimBeta) and hit OK.
BEWARE: all the changes you might have made in the trunk will be lost.

To return to the trunk it's the same process, except you select /trunk.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This is what I get on the PFD after recompiling from the branch

0059.jpg

Any idea on what happened?

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
What scenario are you running? Currently only the EI ones are working.

The screenshot refers to the "EDW 22 TAEM" in the Testing scenarios folder.
I also tried the STS-126 T-1' and the PFD is the same (tapes are plain white and the ADI ball displaced in the upper left corner of the display)

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Just checked the STS-107 EI scenario, same thing.
another thing I noticed: the APU can be heard from inside the ship (internal view mode). Is that normal? I don't remember having that issue before the update

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Same issue when ORB PFD is selected
Orb PFD.jpg

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It's a D3D9 issue. I just updated to r1038 and I get the same issue.
Running r980 (or r996M... don't remember which one I had before) it shows no problems.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It's a D3D9 issue. I just updated to r1038 and I get the same issue.
Running r980 (or r996M... don't remember which one I had before) it shows no problems.

Hmmm. So this will have to be fixed on their side I guess...

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

What about the APU sound audible inside the flight deck?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hmmm. So this will have to be fixed on their side I guess...

Maybe... but it could be that the Sketchpad2 interface changed in a way that the user (i.e. SSU) has to update its code.
I reported this in the D3D9 thread, so let's wait for the experts.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

What about the APU sound audible inside the flight deck?

I don't think that changed in recent times. Interestingly, I just checked and that only happens in D3D9.... could this be related to whatever changed in D3D9?

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I re installed r995 and I can confirm the PFD looks ok now.
The APU sound is still there.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Maybe... but it could be that the Sketchpad2 interface changed in a way that the user (i.e. SSU) has to update its code.
I reported this in the D3D9 thread, so let's wait for the experts.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

I don't think that changed in recent times. Interestingly, I just checked and that only happens in D3D9.... could this be related to whatever changed in D3D9?

Further on the APU sound. It continues also after APUs are shutdown but if you save the scenario and restart it then the APU sound is gone. All this in D3D9

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am looking for the SSU MECO tool (MECO planner?) to feed the mission file with desired data but I can't find it. Any kind soul able to direct me to where it is?
Thanks

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I am looking for the SSU MECO tool (MECO planner?) to feed the mission file with desired data but I can't find it. Any kind soul able to direct me to where it is?
Thanks

It is integrated into the SSU Workbench, which is in the OrbiterSDK folder (needs compilation).

Thorsten

Reaction score
The APU sound is still there.

This may be a dumb question - but is there reason to assume one can hear the APU at all? According to SCOM, the rear RCS firing can't be heard - though the FRCS sounds like gunfire (i.e. the jets seem to be fairly noisy devices), only the OMS firing is audible.

I imagine a turbine to be fairly quiet when compared to a rocket engine.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question - but is there reason to assume one can hear the APU at all? According to SCOM, the rear RCS firing can't be heard - though the FRCS sounds like gunfire (i.e. the jets seem to be fairly noisy devices), only the OMS firing is audible.

I imagine a turbine to be fairly quiet when compared to a rocket engine.

Well the APUs are definetly heard from outside the orbiter when on the launchpad and after landing. The issue here is now I can hear them from inside the cockpit (even after shutting them down!) and that should not be the case..

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
As for the sound behaving differently in D3D9... I can't figure out why.
As for what is hear where, and how loud it is: I think we need a small overhall of the sound stuff, and allow each subsystem to make their own sound. Also, a change to XRSound should be evaluated.
Lot's to think and do, and not enough time... :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.