Vessel Star Wars Rebel Transport question.

Kendo

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Rebel Transport takes off.? I cant find any hovers etc. I have searched the Net, without success, there,s not a lot of info out there. Any details would be welcome. Thanks.

chpeller

Reaction score
Gravity system

Hello,

I am actually working on a rebel transport vessel and special container UCGO compliant.
My main goal is to create all necessary to re-make the Hot Battle, vessels (some already exist), guns, equipments, base, and so on.
If you want i can send you war i already have and work with you to go forward.

In Star Wars you will never see any Hover, they use a kind of gravitic system, in Orbiter you just have to create normal hover with no texture. It works perfectly.

Regards

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I wondered about that myself when I watched the films, useing thrusters as primary drives while lifting off the ground, manovering around without thruster nozzles. Gravermetric generators in that universe must be very tiny. The death star must have had millions of them.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wondered about that myself when I watched the films, useing thrusters as primary drives while lifting off the ground, manovering around without thruster nozzles. Gravermetric generators in that universe must be very tiny. The death star must have had millions of them.

Star Wars Freak mode on

In SW universe repulsor lift technology is a basis for many applications:

1.) "Hover engine" for personal cargo carts, through land speeders and speederbikes, starfighters, up to Acclamator class (Attack of the Clones) and Victory Class (not seen in movies) Star destroyers. Typical it works by generating adjustable antigravity pillow between planet and the craft.

2.) Artificial gravity generator for spacecrafts. Very limited range and scalability. Usually in forms of "Gravity Plates"

3.) Inertial dampener (self explanatory)

4.) Tractor Beams as seen in New Hope

5.) Repulsor lift "parachutes" for special forces

6.) massive Hyperspace Tractor Beam of Centerpoint Station
Star Wars Freak mode off

Kendo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So everything is invisible. What about the Main engine flames, are they invisible as well.?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So everything is invisible. What about the Main engine flames, are they invisible as well.?

They're visible. Yo can achieved it by relatively small flame compared to nozzle size, dynamically updating material of inner side of the nozzle (to make it glow blue) and maybe adding 2 local light sources to iluminate rear part of the vehicle.

main.php

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Here is example of glowing nozzle from HCLV Hyperion (WIP)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9n-2y5VpyI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9n-2y5VpyI[/ame]

Kendo

Reaction score
Well I got blue exhaust with a custom exhaust file. But now its resorted back to default. Where has it gone. Everything is there. I,m using SC3.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AFAIK Artlav's sc3 to dll converter doesn't support custom exhaust textures. Have you converted this vessel to dll?

Last edited:

Kendo

Reaction score
N o, just the normal SC3 thing. It has changed back to the default