Problem Strange UMMU CTD

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
So there is something in my lunar Lander that prevents Orbiter from focusing on a UMMU.

UMMUs can coexist withing the scenarior and can transfer to/from the lander as normal but if I hit F3 and select a UMMU orbiter CTDs the moment focus shifts.

This is on a clean install of orbiter 2010 with only OrbitSound and UMMU/UCCGO installed.

The UMMU code in my Lander was copy/pasted directly from Dan Stephs tutorial and remains unchanged.

I had it working before but it's been some time since I conciously tried an EVA, as such I don't know what change is to blame for this new behavior.

Because I have no idea what's causing this I don't even know where to start troubleshooting.

NTpspE

Reaction score
Hi There,

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've had a few CTD using F3 in general, mainly when switching from something on one planet to the other (my PC is low-end) though if it's an EVA'd ummu it should be pretty close to the vessel.

The only thing coding wise I'd check, is whether it's actually EVA'ing the UMMU, and not creating an exact copy and leaving the current in the vehicle. Not sure if this would affect anything, but worth a shot.

Kind Regards,
NT

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you certain that the UMMU egressed correctly? To check whether there is indeed a problem with your vessel, egress a UMMU, delete the vessel, then switch to the UMMU. If no crash, you have a problem. A possible cause that comes to mind are unsecured HUD-calls, that is, calls to the HUD that get executed although your vessel doesn't have focus. But it is just as possible that I'm on the completely wrong track.

If the crash still happens, create a UMMU with the scenario editor or egress it from a vessel that you know to work, and try switching to that. If that works, your UMMU is mutilated at egress (although I only had that problem when transferring to a vessel with a space in the filename, it's still possible that it can happen by other mistakes...)

Hlynkacg

Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Are you certain that the UMMU egressed correctly? To check whether there is indeed a problem with your vessel, egress a UMMU, delete the vessel, then switch to the UMMU. If no crash, you have a problem.

Yes, and I do.

A possible cause that comes to mind are unsecured HUD-calls, that is, calls to the HUD that get executed although your vessel doesn't have focus. But it is just as possible that I'm on the completely wrong track.

Unsecured HUD-calls you say?

How does one go about securing them?

Hlynkacg

Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Ok it was definatly the HUD.

When I commented out my custom reticle the crashes stopped.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm a bit late, so maybe you already figured out how to fix the problem. If not, here's what you have to do:
As with panel redraws, make sure that your Hud calls only execute if you vessel has focus, like

Code:
if (oapiGetFocusInterface() == this)
{
      -hud calls
}