Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Excellent news! I'll be watching for sure. Anyone here ever gone to a launch?

bujin

Reaction score
Nope. Bit far for me to go, but I really do want to.

But I know how bad I am at organising things, so the chances are I'll never see the Shuttle. May have to wait for the next moon landings instead.

Chipstone306

Reaction score
launch

No but Halifax international airport is an aborted orbit landing site so you never know ...
I have a lunch site being built up in Cape Breton for Canadas first suborbital Lanch site

5 hrs away.........dang......

apollo13

Reaction score
Well, I'm only 45 min from KSC...too bad I'll be in school. :(
*stabs school*

Jordaxe12

Reaction score
I will be watching the launch. Always do. I have planes to go see the last space shuttle launch i think its sts-133 in 2010.

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
Well, I'm only 45 min from KSC...too bad I'll be in school. :(
*stabs school*

Reminds me of when I was 13. Very strict school, grade 8. I just *had* to see the Apollo 10 reentry and splashdown coverage. I ran the 1.5 miles home at lunchtime (EDT) and caught it. I think it was late May 1969. But we aren't allowed to enter class late without a note from parents. I felt that this was an excuse to miss (be late for) school that had self evident merits and I turned down my mom's offer to write a note. I confidently wrote the note and signed it myself saying why "I" was late for afternoon session. I had known of other students who forged their parents signature on notes but to write one's own note with their own name was unheard of. Teacher smiled as she read it and I quietly and discreetly slipped into my seat 45 minutes late. The space program in the 60's was huge history in the making and sometimes it took unconventional measures to be a witness to it.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reminds me of when I was 13. Very strict school, grade 8. I just *had* to see the Apollo 10 reentry and splashdown coverage. I ran the 1.5 miles home at lunchtime (EDT) and caught it. I think it was late May 1969. But we aren't allowed to enter class late without a note from parents. I felt that this was an excuse to miss (be late for) school that had self evident merits and I turned down my mom's offer to write a note. I confidently wrote the note and signed it myself saying why "I" was late for afternoon session. I had known of other students who forged their parents signature on notes but to write one's own note with their own name was unheard of. Teacher smiled as she read it and I quietly and discreetly slipped into my seat 45 minutes late. The space program in the 60's was huge history in the making and sometimes it took unconventional measures to be a witness to it.

Very cool story! :)