Problem STS Payloads: Can't Separate Satellite from PAM

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I've been enjoying David413's Expansion Pack for Gazza's STS Payloads recently and I've run into an issue that I want to address. How do I separate the satellite from the PAM stage? I spin up the satellite/PAM combination and launch it at the proper time from the payload bay. I preform the burn to send the satellite on a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit but then I can't figure out what to do next, I'm just left with a big hunk of expensive hardware spinning at 50 rpm in a highly elliptical orbit.

I know that there's supposed to be a second stage that separates and then fires at apogee to place the satellite in a 0.00 degree inclination Geostationary Orbit. I've pressed every key combination that I can think of but nothing happens. Any ideas? I'd highly appreciate any input. Thanks.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Have you tried the J key ?

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Pressing J does nothing. It works with the IUS so I've had no problem putting the TDRS into GSO but I haven't had any luck with the satellites that you spin up and launch vertically from the payload bay. The deployment looks really cool though.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I'll try reinstalling the expansion pack.

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Reinstalling didn't work.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

I'm also having no luck with the satellite that you launch on STS-41D, the one that gets launched spinning on its side.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Ah, I figured it out. The secret is the Pylon MFD.