Take-off: APU VS noob

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks. This works in the commander seat and with the left MFD of the pilot seat.
But it doesn't work with the right MFD of the pilot seat though.
To turn on a MDU, click on the left knob. This is the power switch.

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
Yes I activated it. But the PG buttons are a bit buggy, sometimes they works sometimes they don't.
EDIT: especially true with the right MFD of the pilot seat. It almost never works.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes I activated it. But the PG buttons are a bit buggy, sometimes they works sometimes they don't.
It's a bit hit-or-miss with the activation areas of the various MDU edge buttons. The CDR1/2, CRT1 and PLT1/2 MDUs works the best.

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry if I insist on this, but after some other clicks I can say that the PG button of the Right MFD of the pilot is way too off.
All the other buttons are more or less ok, but that one is off by a half.
Nothing serious but put it in the to do list ^^

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The location of the action site in the square of the PG button varies slightly over the 10 CRT's on the flight deck. I've found you just have to remember the location for each CRT.

I've assembeled two SSU installations based on revisions 1295 and 1357. The APU start sequence problem appears in both. Is there a fix or will I have to download revision 1404? Also if I have to download 1404, I don't have the capability to compile the modules. Any chance for a precompiled batch? Thanks!

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The location of the action site in the square of the PG button varies slightly over the 10 CRT's on the flight deck. I've found you just have to remember the location for each CRT.

I've assembeled two SSU installations based on revisions 1295 and 1357. The APU start sequence problem appears in both. Is there a fix or will I have to download revision 1404? Also if I have to download 1404, I don't have the capability to compile the modules. Any chance for a precompiled batch? Thanks!
Are you sure that the problem appears in revision 1295/1357? The bug discussed earlier in this thread only appears after Rev. 1404, and was fixed in Rev. 1408.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Positive, those are the only two revisions with the precompiled modules. I reproduced the errors noted in the thread with both installations.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What scenario are you using? I just did a quick test with the Rev. 1357 dlls (using the Historic Missions/STS-107/STS-107 launch scenario) and the APU starts without any problems (although the Boiler switches also need to be adjusted).

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
When updating with SVN, are you sure that you've correctly replaced the .cpp file with the new fixed one? APU works fine for me.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
SiameseCat,
No joy. Just tested revs 1295 and 1357 STS-107 launch scenario as well as STS-1 launch. The APU prestart fails at APU Auto Shutdown-Enable. The switch doesn't move (Hyd Circ Pump and APU Fuel Tk Valve are already in the appropriate position).

Goth,
I copied Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\APU.cpp from the SVN to my installation. Still no joy! Same error

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
SiameseCat,
No joy. Just tested revs 1295 and 1357 STS-107 launch scenario as well as STS-1 launch. The APU prestart fails at APU Auto Shutdown-Enable. The switch doesn't move (Hyd Circ Pump and APU Fuel Tk Valve are already in the appropriate position).
Are you using the latest scenarios with those precompiled modules? In that case, it might be some incompatibilities that's causing the problems.

I would suggest using only files that were made for that particular revision(1295/1307).

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
I copied Orbitersdk\Space Shuttle Ultra\APU.cpp from the SVN to my installation. Still no joy! Same error
The file that has been fixed has indeed NOT that name. Don't remember which one was, but it's not that one for what I remember.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
SiameseCat,

Goth,
The APU Auto Shutdown switch (and the APU Speed Select switches) isn't simulated yet. You should still see Grey talkbacks when all the other switches are correctly positioned, and the APUs should start when you move the APU Control switches to Run.

I think the basic problem is the Flight Checklists.doc file, which was originally written for SSU v1.06 and (AFAIK) hasn't been updated since.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

The file that has been fixed has indeed NOT that name. Don't remember which one was, but it's not that one for what I remember.
BenSisko's using the precompiled modules, so changing cpp files won't fix the problem.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up. I will wait with great anticipation! This is really a great ship. I assume when completed, the APU prestart/start sequence will be just like in SSU v1.25?