Tell us about yourself!

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi my name is David I live on the Costa Del Sol and discovered Orbiter about a month ago and have been addicted ever since was born three years before Apollo11 and one of my first memories was watching the landing at my grans, I remember being off with chicken pox watching apollo 17 live that got me addicted to space. I now follow the shuttle THE GREATEST SPACE VEHICLE EVER BUILT September will be America's concorde moment biggest mistake ever (actually very angry about this) I'm still getting to grips with the language but slowly getting there. Great Sim

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum hutchison66 !

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My name is Scott Zirpolo (Italian descent :p), I am eighteen and from a little city in eastern Canada.
My hobbies include creative writing and the casual study of astrodynamics, among many topics. Not exactly a typical teenager, eh?
Needless to say, Orbiter was a veritable godsend when I stumbled across it. Seriously, an accurate simulator of spaceflight? Decent graphic appearance? A whole Solar system? FREE?!

Currently, I am not enrolled in a school, and am just toiling away selling apples. Hopefully in a year or two, I can go off to school in the States. If I'm really lucky I might get into serious astrophysics. I could die happy if I had helped launch a space mission, even in the smallest possible sense. Of course, most of you guys would know how that would feel.

Pardon me if I'm a bit of a sap, will you?

-- Scott

shangding

Reaction score
im 23,from china .
i like space and flight ,but never fly anything in real life.
i know orbiter in 2005.
but have no much time to play.
i want to create a chinese website about orbiter,and i;m trying.

gaidheal

Reaction score
new guys

Hi, new-ish orbinaut here, not even a week old :D

I am 21 years old, and a student in Birmingham UK, studying piano performance. I'm originally from Edinburgh. My main interest is music, but I spend quite a bit of time on my computer, and I also enjoy cycling and baking. In fact, I have a ginger cake in the oven as I type!

This morning at 2:30am, I docked my DG to the ISS for the first time! On one attempt, while trying to sync orbits, I time-warped only to discover I'd left my prograde autopilot on and had no RCS fuel left >_<

I hope to try making some 3d models in the future (I've done a little messing around with Anim8or before, as well as Google Sketchup) but for now I'd like to successfully complete the three 'checklists' in the orbiter manual (1/3 complete!)

I look forward to learning many new and wonderful things in conversation with you all :thumbup:

gaidheal

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to the forum! :hello:

CadetStimpy

Reaction score
Hi to all!

Hi Everyone!!! :)

I've been using Orbiter now from a couple of years, but still a newbie.

It's time to get serious now. I've just started the OFSS series. It

definately adds some direction to Orbiter and I'm really enjoying it.

Got to work on my landings, they're a little on the rough size right now.

Have a great day!:thumbup:
-Danny

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi my name is Samuel Edwards. I descovered orbiter about a year and a half ago. I told my dad that it was free and you can make mistakes other than in SSM2007. I enjoy computers, Science, Astronomy, and building models.

Simon Rigby

Reaction score
Hello there

Hi all,

My name is Simon and I am 40 year old freelance software developer from West Sussex in the UK. I've been away from Orbiter for a while but have come back after 'remembering' all about Orbiter after reading news about the 2009/10 beta.

Really looking forward to getting back into this marvellous sim. I've even got a ship somewhere in design (grin).

Hope everyone is well and look forward to chatting more with you all in the near future.

Simon

Albatros

Reaction score
Well, I'm Torsten, 47 years old and work as CCA currently. Before that i drove trucks and sold music.

Since i was a youngster, i was interrested in flight. So i wanted an remote-controlled airplane model (cheap, with all nessesary about 200 Euro). A comrade told me that it will be 500 Euro (due crashes in the first year). But when i realised that i could acctually flew with the 500 Euro/year (and less due working during the winter), i choose the option as a glider pilot.

Later there where simulations, witch are beautiful up to day. Sims like the MFS are ok; but a "Shuttle", in witch nearly every switch can be operated, a proper handbook with the "online" checks during the game was most impressive. But weather you turn the APU's on inhibit or not (and so on) does not inflict the outcome. Even the loaded Computer program (Start, OMS 1 and 2, landing) have a only a effect on the information witch are displayed on the MFD's. Only a to early (manually) performed SRB-seperation leads to an explosion.
When i then stumbled over orbiter (first generation), i was stunned about the changing flight information data in "realtime", with a real outcome in the "gameplay". At the orbiter-website then i realised Orbithangar.com and the addons.
With these like Deltaglider4/Ravenshield & MMU (in witch you can "die", when using wrong options) it depends on the pilot to perform a good start, flight and landing. That's great!

There is only one option missing, a flight data analysis (Pitch, yaw, bank, g-forces e.g.) witch can be stored on HD in the simulations subdirectory.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
There is only one option missing, a flight data analysis (Pitch, yaw, bank, g-forces e.g.) witch can be stored on HD in the simulations subdirectory.

This can be done too, There is an add on called flightdatarecorderCFD which will record something like 20 parameters. It's even possible to take lat, lon + height from this and generate a google Earth KML file so you can see the flight.

Orbiter is really amazing in what it lets you do and the freedom you have to do it!

Delta_Glider

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

3-year old orbinaut here studying aerospace engineering in Toronto, Canada. I'd love to be a pilot or engineer (or both..)"when I grow up".

As a kid i got really into aviation/space by traveling on jets on family vacations. Learned to fly in MSFS with one of Rod Machado's books when I was 12, and naturally Orbiter was the next step a few years later.

Besides flying, I love..
-motor sports
-reading (science fiction / theology)
-music (classical / metal / trance / playing violin)
-art (industrial design / architecture)
-studying engineering (of course)

Nice to know there are other people in the world who enjoy Orbiter as much as I do. Ha!

michelmeuleman

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,
My name is the same as my username and I'm living nearby Ostend, in Belgium. Originally, I'm a graphic designer, but I had many profession's in my life. One of them was building shipmodels for shipyards and aircraftmodels for myself. I'm 64. So, I was always interested in aircrafts and spaceships, in ships, in books, but also in gardening, elevating rabbits, in animals and nature.
It's several years now that I obtained FS 2004 and later FSX. I knew Orbiter too at that time, but I did not understood much of it. So I removed it from my computer, but it stayed in my mind, as something that I sooner or later should challenge.
Now that I have a better computer, time has come to try again.
What's attracting me most in Orbiter is the beauty of the image when the ship is moving around the earth. Amazing!
Greetings.

Southwell

Reaction score
Hey my name is Ben, I am an engineering student in sydney. came across orbiter last year and joined the forum but only started to play for 'real' lately. Just finished my exams for this semester so I am planning an epic voyage to come since I think I am ready for it now :thumbup:

NSRacer

Reaction score
Hy, my name is George and i'm from Romania but i moved to Canada / Toronto (i'm in Romania for the summer holiday), i'm 20 years old and i have a lovely wife and a cool Husky (it's a dog). I'm not actually into simulation games and stuff, i just have a passion for all transportation vehicles and i like to play PC Games in my free time. The only simulation game that i'm using most of the time is FS2004.

But the my biggest passion is for motor sports, street racing, cars, moto cross etc.

I don't have a job like many of you do, i earn my money from selling luxury cars (if someone is interested send me a pm :p). That's about it, nice meeting you all and have a nice day/night !

lafbubba

Reaction score
Hi all

Hi all

Been proper enjoying the sim for about two years now. Did most of the basic training around mars building a station trying to remove my reputation of being dam right dangerous. Tried changing the pilot but to no avail. Mostly flying the DG IV and have yet to get into transx. Have done some c++ programming with directx so am enjoying specially camera view capabilities in orbiter. Thanks for having me!

NCC-1701

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Orbinauts!

In case you were wondering, no, I'm not from Star Trek, (I like it though). My name is Adam, I discovered Orbiter recently, and have since absorbed as much information about it as possible. <SPONGE>. I am currently on a search for information on how to program addons. If anyone could help with that I would be grateful.

Thanks, Enterprise

P.S.
:hail::probe:

Murdock

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Virgilio, I am a pilot in real life and I'm almost 42 years old, so I guess I'm getting old to join astronaut corps for real :lol:.
I absoulte love everything that involves flying.
My hobbies: Ultralight aircrafts (only 3 axes), RC air models, scale models and of course computer simulation (Flight simulator, IL2, Falcon4).
I discovered ORBITER in 2003 and got totally hooked since then so I'm happy to join this forum and meet people that have the same feeling about it.