Tell us about yourself!

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen,
For anyone monitoring, my real name is Bryce and I'm 15. I was born in Houston, Texas because my parents met at the Johnson Space Center. I was raised in San Antonio, and ever since 2001, I have lived 15 miles from pad 39 at the Kennedy Space Center. However, I am moving to Tampa soon :(. I want to be an Air Force test pilot, and eventually, a NASA astronaut. Perhaps I will be seing some of you up there with me...

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
Hey!

The name is Eric, I'm a college senior in political science at Oregon State University. Besides politics my passions are soccer, aviation, and fornication (probably not in that order).

selwynorren

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Warm wecome from South Africa. My name is Selwyn, I am a 38 Yr Old Graphic designer and Business owner, have just started an Internet Service Provider business (literally... going live tomorrow).

Huge Flight-sim fan, having my own virtual charter company flying freight and pax in samll vfr aircraft. (pretty much like what the real world counterparts would start on. http://www.orrencharters.co.za

Kinda love the train sim thing as well, brings back memories of my youth living close to a busy station. I am the founder of vSARR (Virtual South African Railroading). http://vsarr.co.za

Recently discovered Orbiter, and I am completely hooked, reliving my lifelong dream of seeing our great planet from the surface of the moon :lol:.

Anyway. I am a total noob and busy working through the brillint "Go play in space tutorial" (just finished my first moon orbit... still trying to get back to the base:rofl:). And of course downloading everything I can possible lay my hands on.

Cheers

HopDavid

Hop David
Reaction score
Website
clowder.net
Greetings

My name's Hop David. I'm an old guy (born 1955). My sister and I run a weekly newspaper, The Ajo Copper News serving the small Arizona town of Ajo.
I have an online art gallery and a some pages on space. I can't use orbiter now because I use a Macintosh. However I intend to install Windows on my Intel based Mac and hopefully will be able to use this software so many are enthusiastic about.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
I suppose it's about time I posted something about myself.;)

My name is Pete, and I have just completed my A-Levels. In September, I'm starting a 2 year Higher National Diploma in Electronic Engineering.

After that, I want to join the Royal Air Force (RAF) as a fighter pilot, and fly either the Eurofighter Typhoon, or the F-35 Lightning.
I want to obtain a Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering while I am in the RAF (the RAF will fund my course), and also take on a few other activities, such a diving. I would also like to learn a second language (not sure which yet, but something European).

My long-term goal, after I have my MD in Electronic Engineering, fighter pilot experience, a second language, and a few other activities/qualifications, is to join the ESA as an Astronaut.

I hope eventually to visit the Moon on a 6 month mission to a Lunar outpost, and maybe even one day visit Mars*.

*No, I'm not crazy, I really do believe that Project Constellation will happen!;)

I want to be an Air Force test pilot, and eventually, a NASA astronaut. Perhaps I will be seing some of you up there with me...

I hope so! :)

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Pete,

That's an awesome one's life roadmap that you have! But...

After that, I want to join the Royal Air Force (RAF) as a fighter pilot, and fly either the Eurofighter Typhoon, or the F-35 Lightning.

Are you not afraid of becoming the last generation fighter pilot before drones take the job over ultimately? ;)

Good luck with everything you mentioned, pal! :cheers:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Are you not afraid of becoming the last generation fighter pilot before drones take the job over ultimately? ;)

HA!

That sounds like a really bad movie: "The Drones", where the world is conquered by a gang of artificial intelligence robotic fighter planes!:lol:

Seriously though, there is one thing that drones will never be able to do, and that is adapt/improvise to a new situation. Only a human can do that, so no, I'm not worried.;)

Good luck with everything you mentioned, pal! :cheers:

Thank you very much, and the same to you.:cheers:

fido_61

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Greetings

I am still a newbie, but just registered here in the forum. I have found Orbiter to be a great piece of software, excellent add-ons by very talented orbinauts, and a great forum here, all very well run!

I have gotten my feet wet by sync'ing orbits, de-orbits, as well as a few trips to the moon and back using TransX. Most recently, I have been able to perform a dual launch 1) fuel tanker to LEO aboard a CVEL Titan 2) matched with a timed launch of DG-IV to LEO rendezvous. They were within 100 km after autopilots finished. Easy rendezvous from there. Great fun and a learning experience.

Thanks to all for their input, instruction, and great tools!

galixyhunter

space freak
Reaction score
hi yall I came across this forum from the astronomy forum I belong to. The obiter sim looks like it can be fun and a good learning experience. I also hope to gain knowledge on how to operate the sim as well as meet new friends.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Just so you know. Orbiter has a steep learning curve and might seem very hard. Just take your time and practice and you will have fun. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

darius359au

Reaction score
Gday , my names Richard and I'm from Adelaide South Australia.I'm coming back to Orbiter after a not so successful attempt attempt to use it a couple of years back - thought I had a shuttle launch all set up properly..But it fell over and and went sideways - having a little more success this time around.

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well... What is there to tell...

I am 17 years old and am afraid about saying anything else online, Something tells me I am not without enimies

mrlucmorin

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Luc, and I'm from Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada. I'm a 43 years old Electrical Engineering Technologist.

I've been playing a bit with Orbiter since 2006, but I've never actually posted to any forums.

So, I thought maybe this time I could get in touch with the Orbiter community.

Regards.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am George Kristiansen, 15 years old, living in the UK, and a massive aviation and space flight enthusiast. My dad works for the ESA, and he receives and interprets the data from the ESA satellites, and makes adjustments to their courses and orbits from the ground. My uncle does a similar job. I guess this is why I am interested in space flight. I am training for my PPL in the UK, and I am also an Air Cadet.
I love school, and I recently came in the top 6 in my year for my mock GCSE results, and was told by my teachers that I am 'destined for greater things in life' based on my academic GCSE achievement, so I hope I can become an ESA Soyuz or NASA Shuttle pilot, work in mission control, or enter a similar profession to that of my dad.

Aside from Orbiter, I use FSX on the IVAO network, which helps with my PPL training, and is very fun.

I like 80s music, specifically 80s metal, and I play this while orbiting the Earth, and rendezvousing with other spacecraft.

Happy flying!

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Luc, and I'm from Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada. I'm a 43 years old Electrical Engineering Technologist.

I've been playing a bit with Orbiter since 2006, but I've never actually posted to any forums.

So, I thought maybe this time I could get in touch with the Orbiter community.

Regards.
Welcome to the forum! (I am also an electrical engineer)

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
I like 80s music, specifically 80s metal.

Yeah! When it comes to music, you can't beat the 80's! :speakcool: (Get it? Beat?.... Okay, bad pun... :p)

I hope I can become an ESA Soyuz or NASA Shuttle pilot.

Cool! Me too!

But, there's one tiny problem with that plan: The Shuttle stops flying next year (2010)... ;)

I think the Soyuz will be flying well into the next millennium though! :p

Also, you live in the same county as me (and I thought I was the only one here who was interested in space flight)! :p
I am the lord of space flight here! You're on MY turf!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oh, right. I thought the 're-usable ship' would last a lot longer. Any ideas what might replace it? (I'm guessing this is old news and I just haven't kept up to date.)

:) Which town/village do you live in? I live near Gainsborough. I think that I probably AM the only one interested in spaceflight there :)