Tell us about yourself!

tebori

Reaction score
hello to everyone
i am tom from eastgermany. it happened that i discover orbiter in a time where i spent little time by flying rc helis. this was too boring for me and so i was thrilled about this fantastic simulator.
i flew space combat simulators (like wing commander, freespace) since my childhood but the older i got the more boring it was to play with them.
a year ago i discovered a space combat sim named babylon 5 i ve found here with real newtonian physics. this was very interresting and times goes by i looked in the internet for other simulators with real newtonian physics and so i found orbiter - which is definetely not a game.

i want to say a huge thank you to martin and all the people who made addons for this sim to give people like me the opertunity not only to fly a sim but do all the complex things which real pilotes and astronauts have to do.

now i play the 2015 beta version with alle the texture packs, audio, delta glider iv and the rwarp mfd.
there are huge worlds to discover and i am looking forword it.

asullivan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
My name is Alex "Sully" Sullivan.

I am a semi-retired college Prof/instructor in EE and physics.

I'm looking for a buddy name C2B I hope to get a PM from my friend.

Anyway I got a warning stating that i might be in violation on posting out of a 30 day window...

But sinse this is the meet and greet I will take my chances!

Well time to gear up and get this gravity monkey off my back!:hailprobe:

Regards,
Sully

artisthos

Reaction score
Boy, it has taken me a long time to sign up for the forum. Seems every time another milestone in space happens I find myself back in Orbiter. With the "Martian" out in theaters I am back in the saddle. Big thank you to all the experts.

RANSES

Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Riccardo and I'm an italian aerospace engineer working and studying on the safety engineering field. My great passions are space, Aerodynamics and CFD (computational fluid dynamics). As for this last aspect, at the moment, I'm working on ANSYS fluent trying to adequately simulate, throught RANS (Reynolds Averaged Navier-Stokes equations), the flow field around a ground mounted building. Which is quite challenging.
Happy to be part of this forum!

pittnuke

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party

Hi Everybody,

Well I wish I would have found this amazing simulator a few years ago! I'm just getting started with Orbiter.

A little about myself, I am currently working as a Reactor Operator at a Nuclear power plant in western PA. I originally worked in the Navy as a Electronics Technician - Nuclear (Nuke ET) for 10 years. I have always been fascinated by things like spaceflight and orbital mechanics.

Thanks for having me here, I look forward to learning more as I go!

Cheers,

Ryan

kash01

Reaction score
HI eveverone, my name is Kashif I am from italy and I am 15 years old I started using orbiter when I was 12 years old and today I am very happy because I ladded shuttle at KSC it is late but I am very happy and happy to join this forum and now im trying to create add-ons and I really hope to become a real astranout one day thank you everyone.☺??

zyates87

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name's Zac, I'm 29 and work in the courts in New Zealand.

I've always been more of a plane guy but ever since seeing Apollo 13 on VHS I've been fascinated with spaceflight (I watched the livestreams of Chang'e 3 and the most recent Ariane at work while no-one was looking!).

I build scale models - just ordered a Saturn V after several paper models - and now I've re-downloaded Orbiter 2010 (and 2016). I'm keen to make a real go of it, learning Shuttle, Soyuz, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Dragon.

I've joined the forum in the hopes of picking up hints and tips, as well as seeing what everyone else can do and to discuss real space news.

Thanks for reading.

InjectorPlate

Reaction score
Hello from central Florida

Well, I cannot believe I have never came across Orbiter before like some others mentioned here until now, and all I can say is wow.

I've been involved in the flight simulation field for over 30 years, both as a engineer, programmer and designer and also have about every flavor of PC based simulation software you can imagine. All the way from the early Apple II in a wire framed flight sim, and onto Falcon 4, F/A-18 Hornet, X-plane, you name it.

Having seen the Apollo VII landing live as a kid I have always been fascinated by space flight. I was researching the engines used on the Saturn V one day and I found an YouTube video of a Apollo launch using Orbiter. Well, the rest is history!

Thanks go out to all that made this possible and sure look forward to my space flights. Now back to learning Orbiter...

My real name is Chip. I used the screen name Injector Plate, from the Saturn V engines, that's what I was doing research on when I found this. Now, that design is amazing, what they did back then with a hand drill and over 6,000 holes in each plate, and how many they tested before they got it right, truly amazing stuff.

Cheers, and God speed

andrewpfoss

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a CS student, US Army veteran and a spaceflight nut.

Parnikkapore

Reaction score
Rookie orbinaut, Actively flying on the computer (FlightGear), occasional FlightGear ATC, owner of youtube.com/pycdordek , OSS integration admin(!) Nice to meet all of you!

SilverWhitefish

Reaction score
Greetings

Greetings,

Hello my name is Jesse, it's nice to be here and have the ability to learn in a productive and well organized manner. My residence currently is the Mid-West section of Florida, United States of America. Orbiter is very new to me as well as the community. It's always a beautiful thing to see people working together with one mind. Not sure what else to say, so off to the Orbiter User Manual.

belial

Reaction score
newbee to Orbiter

Hi my name is Ralph and this is a test because I wrote an entire introductory about myself and it disappeared when I went to preview it.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hi my name is Ralph and this is a test because I wrote an entire introductory about myself and it disappeared when I went to preview it.

Hi Ralph. When you first join us, your posts are subject to moderator approval before you or anyone else can see them on the public board. It's a bit of a nuisance, but you wouldn't believe the amount of spam we trap this way.

:welcome: to the board! I couldn't find any other posts by you in the moderation queue, so I'm not sure where your introduction went, but welcome all the same!

belial

Reaction score
Hello from Las Cruces

Hello,

I am Ralph De Laurentis and I am a part-time flight director with Challenger Learning Center in Las Cruces, NM. I came across Orbiter when looking for space flight simulations on the internet and have been hooked ever since.

KKi

Reaction score
This one is my needed second post to prove that I'm not a machine or couple of lines code.

No, I'm not line of code. I'm some kind of wierd thing. Trucker who's educated.

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi my name is Zane and I have been a fan of Orbiter since 2006 when I was 13. I am now 25 and in college for Computer Science so I can become a Software Developer. Admittedly, for some time I abandoned the community but I have developed a newfound interest again mainly because I wanted to build some add-ons and store them in my resume. I enjoy playing Orbiter and am amazed to see how many intelligent Orbinauts we have here and believe me I've read every single post in this thread. I am a space flight enthusiast and love learning so cheers for an amazing simulator that can allow us to further satisfy our thirst for adventure. Happy flying!

Halman

Reaction score
Is it dead?

When I started to open a net reply to the 'Meet and greet' thread, I got a warning the thread was more than X days old, and not to necropost. Anyway, I am an old space enthusiast, but I have not tried the 'Orbiter' simulator yet. I was working through some old bookmarks, and stumbled across one for this site. After noticing that there is a forum here, and that there have been recent replies to threads, I decided to check it out.

I am not a big gamer, and I have not played many flight simulators, but I love space flight, and miss talking about it. There used to be a forum at Space.com that was superb, but one day it wasn't there anymore.

One thing that surprised me about this site is that it uses 12-hour clock, which I consider to be antiquated and confusing. Especially things like '03:45 PM'. True 24-clock does not involve saying 'Oh' or 'hundred', you just say the number and "o'clock" like you already do. Sure, 13 o'clock sounds weird, but you get used to it. "I'll pick you up at 17," is no different than "I'll pick you up at 6 tomorrow morning." 24 hours in a day; a clock with a hand that goes around once a day, a hand that goes around once an hour, and a hand that goes around once a minute.:thumbup: