News Texas Man Accused in Assassination Plot

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
A Texas Man Accused in Assassination Plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States hired by people in Iran to smuggle a bomb through mexican border bound for Washington to be detonated
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/131536648.html

How will this affect US and Iranian relations?
Will the US take action against Iran?
With all the talk of Iran's nuclear program is there the possibility that we may find out this bomb may have been "Dirty" (speculating here)

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think a "dirty bomb" would make a good terror weapon, but would be bad for an assasination. Unecessary- a plain explosion can kill immediately, far more effectively than a radiological dispersion.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Large part of what I do at work is Homeland Security related/regulated. Glad the system (for all its shortcomings) works.

In response to your questions:

1. US/Iranian relations are bordering on non-existant to begin with.

2. Not unless it can be pretty conclusively determined that the Iranian government was behind the plot.

3. Always the possibility, but as T.Neo pointed out, needless for the expressed intent and could've attracted unwanted attention in their direction had anything gone wrong (assuming he hadn't been caught).

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Quite possible that it is a fabrication... Generally, such stuff is considered casus belli or at least reason for reprisals, which Iran is patently disinterested in.

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
Quite possible that it is a fabrication... Generally, such stuff is considered casus belli or at least reason for reprisals, which Iran is patently disinterested in.
With this being a election year,and Obama not doing so well in the polls,and with his jobs program basically shelved, do you think Obama may use this as a reason to "Flex his muscles" against Iran? (not trying to turn this into a political debate. But I do think it is a relevant question)

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
1.How will this affect US and Iranian relations?
2.Will the US take action against Iran?
3.With all the talk of Iran's nuclear program is there the possibility that we may find out this bomb may have been "Dirty" (speculating here)

1. In a minor way, coffee table politics type won't the forget nationality of the involved.
2. No.
3. No. Besides, Iran has to be careful where it's nuclear program is concerned and logically any material could be more easily obtained from any number of places other than from Iran. This part is to fearmonger the populace I'll wager.

Last edited:

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
Let me just say the "Dirty bomb" thing is MY speculation only. It is not a fact. A possibility only! (our enemy would like nothing more then to accomplish just this) And in this post 9/11 era if it were true would the gov't actually tell us about it?

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Will the US take action against Iran?

The question here is if "the people in Iran" are government sponsored or not. If they are not government sponsored, then there is absolutely no reason to take action whether it be sanctions or using the military.

Hypothetically, if I had sponsored it (I didn't! :lol:), would you take action against the whole of the United Kingdom? No, because the plot was not associated with the government, nor should the people of that country suffer for the plot or the sponsoring, as it was not their fault; under a U.S. occupation.

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
Another question. Will this renew calls for securing the US/Mexico border?
IMO yes it will

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Let me just say the "Dirty bomb" thing is MY speculation only. It is not a fact. A possibility only! (our enemy would like nothing more then to accomplish just this)

Which "enemy"? I see nothing about an "enemy attack" on the US, rather an assasination of a foreign official on US soil with bad collateral damage.

Radiological dispersion doesn't make sense for trying to kill a person. It doesn't even make much sense for trying to kill many people. It is best used to put people into a panic due to its nature.

RS-232

No!
Reaction score
Website
piv.pivpiv.dk
Which "enemy"? I see nothing about an "enemy attack" on the US, rather an assasination of a foreign official on US soil with bad collateral damage.

Radiological dispersion doesn't make sense for trying to kill a person. It doesn't even make much sense for trying to kill many people. It is best used to put people into a panic due to its nature.
I agree with the panic thing hence the word "Terrorists". But at same time you got to admit there are people out there, Al Queda being just one of them, with ties to people and gov't's that would love to see a nuke/dirty detonated in D.C.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I see a Casus Belli getting constructed there. There are so many strange aspects about the case, that the Iran relation is getting weak quickly.