The Arrow System - What's On Paper

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
So I decided to let y'all know that the Arrow System isn't dead - I just don't have the time to devote to actually develop it for now. I have a ton of other things on my head and I don't want to work on several projects simultaneously.
First of all, since the system is clearly no more the Arrowhead, I decided to call it the Arrow Space System [Hmm, ASS? :lol:] or the Space System Arrow [SSA, sounds a bit better], or the Arrow Space Transportation System [I think that one is too long to remember :shrug:] or anything better I would come up with :tiphat:

Now, for the stuff that really matters:
1. I have decided that 39,500 kg gross weight is a bit low, so I decided to go for 42,500 kg gross weight. There still is enough room for the fuel needed to get to LEO, since I use scramjets. :thumbup:
2. I have revised the nose so that there's more room for the RCS thrusters in there. The old nose seemed odd in that way.
3. I have envisioned a nice space center from which to launch and on which to land every single Arrowhead: the ArrowPort. It will be a spaceport built right on the equator, somewhere on the Pacific (haven't decided yet exactly where), that will contain:
3a. A single 5 km long runway for Arrowheads.
3b. A single 3,750 m long runway for Arrowheads.
3c. A single 3 km long runway for corporate & executive arrivals & departures (that is, a single dedicated runway for bizjets of managers of companies to whom the local Arrowheads & their respective facilities will be rented).
3d. Two 2.5 km long runways for commercial arrivals & departures (yes, that means passengers that will fly either orbital or suborbital flights on Arrowheads belonging to Grinfeld Aerospace or other companies :cheers:).
3e. Several [mandatory] processing facilities & complexes to process Arrowheads & Arrowshafts after being recovered.
3f. Four mammoth hangars: 625*160 m big, used to store either massive SSTOs [perhaps even massive Arrowheads, the Cargoheads] or parts of and fully assembled launchers, including non-Arrow launchers for 3rd-party companies.
3g. Three launchpads used to launch either Arrows or other [perhaps heavy] launchers, such as Delta-IV, Delta-V, all sorts of Arianes, Soyuz's and the like.
3h. Arrival & departure terminals for atmospheric flights (flights that take in passengers for actual space flights).
3i. Arrival & departure terminals for orbital and suborbital flights.
3j. Green lungs of course! (forests, grass, bushery and the like.)
3k. Antennas for tracking several spacecraft and for communications.
3l. A seaport for bringing in spacecraft parts & the like.
3m. Many more things TBA.​

~Stay tuned, I will provide you all with more updates as time goes by! :tiphat:

~Take care, Oz.