MFD Thrust level MFD

Jarvitä

Reaction score
This is a rather simple requirement for an addon I'm currently working on - I need an MFD that's able to regulate the main engine so that it propels at a constant rate of acceleration. The rate should beuser-definable, either in m/s^2 or earth gravities. Stability at up to 10000x time acceleration would be preferred but is not a requirement. That is all.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
That's a good idea. I also thought about such a requirement myseld, for some ships, with near empty tanks, the accelerate this fast, that it could kill a human. So there should be a tool to regulate the engine, as you said, to a given acceleration!

mc_

Reaction score
Is would be handy to have this MFD on lunar landing.

//maybe, it should have also a "brake to zero ground speed" distance calculator?

Jarvitä

Reaction score
//maybe, it should have also a "brake to zero ground speed" distance calculator?

Entirely outside the scope of this thread. I just need a simple way to keep a spacecraft accelerating at a constant rate over interplanetary distances, even while its mass diminishes.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
this would be a phenomenally handy tool to have :thumbup:

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Good luck getting up to 10000x! :) AGMFD peters out at 100x but that's more related to holding a bearing and not constant thrust.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Still, what I have in mind is far less complex than an autopilot. All it needs to do is throttle the main engine.