OHM TMSO New york Update

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: dagoo

What about traveling from a city to an other one, from Paris to New-York, to visit the streets of this city in a Taxi, and why not taking a boat to visit the Liberty island, before going to space and dock with ISS? This add-on offers it to you !

There are the most important places in high definitions, as Manhattan, La Guardia (the nearest airport) and the Liberty Island. You will also find inside a Taxi and a typical boat of New-York.

In this first uptade, you will see the first 3d part of New york : Battery Park, and the Liberty island.

DOWNLOAD

fhf2548

Reaction score
great addon will make the tokyo and then tmso new york is open source

DagoO

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Both work, but yeah it's better over a clean inslattation :)

Dmitrtr

Reaction score
Oh Good!!! Great, dear Dagoo, your New York is good and it'll be great when you finish it. You may use 3DReapper DX 7 or 8 (beter 7), and you be able very easy create New York SO COMPLEX and great like it in GE 6... With all 3D buildings, with 3D trees, 3D boats with all textures. You may improve your work (quality and time I hope). TRY IT. Just install tool (it add plugin to 3D Max any version), start GE (before you may set maximum screen resolution, then you capture more at a time), see "ready to capture" in left top corner, disable extra options in GE like interface elements and all extras, check that 3D buildings and trees is enabled, and go to New York, find position (vertical, straight down), you may press R, wait when it loading (it take's traffic) and press button. That's All! Now you be able edit your frame in 3D max. In 3d max first of all delete elements interface GE (just scroll maximum down in top niewport and delete two horizontal stripes in one line (long and short) above the center of viewport), then select all and scale it +100000000 and again +625 or 630 (it'll be close to orbiter size and if it'll bee less in Orb., you may ajust size in CFG), then rotate -90 on X axis and 10 on Z axis (top viewport is active) then save it like 3ds, then reopen it and save it again. Convert to msh with 3ds2msh_gui tool with parametres A= y-zx and F=VW. And place model and all textures to orbiter. Write or edit CFG. I SUGGEST THAT WAY FOR ALL MOD MAKERS FOR ORBITER, FOR ANY PLACE AND ANY PLANET. The GE gives extremely Hi resolution ground mesh, several meters. But it take's more time to work with it. For New York it not needed I guess. Beter disable terrain option in GE and delete the GE flat terrain mesh in 3D max, save just buildings, trees and... And place your blocks on your terrain tiles that you already have, this will require some ajustements and time to place it exactly. (Oh. I don't know way to do it from Orbiter without reloads). Just I want to create Uluru in australia. And you burn my desire quickly (comparatively quickly I guess) create New York with this tool. But I started with Uluru already. And I preferred to say to you about this way and tool. I guess you do that beter.:) And you already started with Great New York. I hope it help to your work. Sory for my english and emotionality, I just very much want to see New York in Great Orbiter. Good Luck, Good Luck and Good Luck again!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

You may separate buildings and trees and make trees disapear in distance, to improve speed in orbiter.

Oh yeah! It's important. When you loading your frame in 3d max, in the import dialog menu leave two options on, in most bottom (enable texture display... and ignore if RGBWRite...). FOW - 60 for width, Monitor aspect ratio select as 4:3 (1.3333333) (Better enter FOV 59.99998 and
Monitor aspect 1.53754 it is proportions of scene). or you may use Recomended values (if it there is). All rest
options leave as default. When it be loaded, all will be very, very small. And first you need delete extra parts of it, like elements GE menu (it comfortable to do in TOP viewport, just delete stripe above center and you delete all GE menu. Then select rest and scale then rotate.

P.S.
This material is intended only and only for educational purposes.

Last edited:

Dmitrtr

Reaction score
But maybe sometimes better download 3d from warehouse than take from GE, especially for complexes like Central Park or Parks of Manhattan. But it is realy problem to me convert collada or skethup files to 3ds. And separate things that are not complexes I'd prefer reap from GE like blocks of them and then place it into perfect Orbiter.

Last edited:

DagoO

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if you think so, but i don't use 3D warehouse models, i build my own ones ! i prefer when a project is 100% mine :)

I'm gonna continue modelling myself, but i'm also gonna try what you said, it seems very cool and intersting ! Thank you for telling it to me ;)

Last edited:

Dmitrtr

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the difference and then I have compared your and google models, and your models have far less poligons and it's certainly good for perfomance (FPS) (Orbiter bad supports the LOD:(), additionally it looks good. But how much time it will takes for full NY? But it's just a rhetorical question. It required army of mod makers to complite.:) And another question is, how much time it was required for that part your work that you've done? And how you positioning models in Orbiter? Are you use ready coordinates to place each building exactly and immediately to right place, or you adjust it in CFG and repeatedly rerun Orb. all the time to update it? And if coordinates, so waht kind coordinate system you use? Вecause of the GE coordinate system mismatched with Orbiter's. For instance Statue of Liberty in GE -74.024000 +40.412085 and in Orbiter -74.044216 +40.689066, and this is a sad dry numerals without emotions and behind it for me stands hours of ajusting to right Orb. place, and I don't like it.

Last edited:

DagoO

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the difference and then I have compared your and google models, and your models have far less poligons and it's certainly good for perfomance (FPS) (Orbiter bad supports the LOD:(), additionally it looks good. But how much time it will takes for full NY? But it's just a rhetorical question. It required army of mod makers to complite.:) And another question is, how much time it was required for that part your work that you've done? And how you positioning models in Orbiter? Are you use ready coordinates to place each building exactly and immediately to right place, or you adjust it in CFG and repeatedly rerun Orb. all the time to update it? And if coordinates, so waht kind coordinate system you use? Вecause of the GE coordinate system mismatched with Orbiter's. For instance Statue of Liberty in GE -74.024000 +40.412085 and in Orbiter -74.044216 +40.689066, and this is a sad dry numerals without emotions and behind it for me stands hours of ajusting to right Orb. place, and I don't like it.

For full NY, it will take about 1 month of work (12/24). For the buildings i have done, it took about 50houres of work. I try to get the best texture quality (better than GE ones), but i also try to use the minimum of files and polygons.

For positionnigs buildings, i don't use ready coordinates, i prefer trying the coordinates one by one from the middle of the base, therefore i can place them perfectly (i don't trust in ready coordinates) :)

Dmitrtr

Reaction score
I mistaken when i say that GE coordinate system mismatched with Orbiter's, this not so, just it depend's on mode of display of coordinates. Now I now.