.dll Question Two docked vessels becoming a single "vessel"

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My query is this: I would like to create a spacecraft which consists of, say, a command module, propulsion module, and a mission module. The CM and PM are already together as one vessel upon jettisoning from the launcher, but the MM sits below the vehicle and must dock on the CM's nose before orbital operations can continue.

However, I would like the MM to "join" the vessel upon docking. Id est, only one vessel is shown upon pressing F3. The module will, of course, be jettisoned later.

I would like to know how I could go about implementing this in the vessel's .dll. I'm assuming that I can do this through a function that looks something like this:

Code:
void VESSEL::CoolFunction(void)
{
Blah Blah Blah;
}
And then a little of this:

Code:
//Undock vessels
case OAPI_KEY_J:

blah blah blah;

escapetomsfate

OBSP Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You've looked at the Merging Vessels thread, right?

Download my module - the source is included. Essentially all you do add stuff like mass, docking ports, meshes etc to the core vessel and then delete the other one.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You've looked at the Merging Vessels thread, right?

Download my module - the source is included. Essentially all you do add stuff like mass, docking ports, meshes etc to the core vessel and then delete the other one.
I have, but I would rather implement a function for my own vessels rather than having a module do it for me. It's a pride issue. ;)

---------- Post added 08-09-2009 at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-08-2009 at 02:43 PM ----------

Oops, didn't see the included source code. I feel like a bit of a moron.

Thank you muchly. :)