Software UCGO3.0 SDK and compilers

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am having problems with C++ and making use of DANs UCGO
I am no programmer but can understand which variable needs to be changed in a written piece of code.

I have loaded up Visual C++ express and using Hlynkacg blog have compiled a .dll which uses my mesh but the standard ShuttlePB code. So far so good.

With DAN's UCGO 3.0 there was an SDK and in there was a project for a shuttle which can take UCGO cargo. To quote the docs

“Note: For a complete working example see « ShuttlePB_Example_UCGO » project. Copy this project to OrbiterSDK/sample and open it in visual C++.”

Having done this 1st time it was unable to find the odd file but I played with the settings and “included” the right directories. Now when I come to compile, it throws a syntax error.

Code:
1>c:\orbiter\orbitersdk\samples\shuttlepb_example_ucgo\shuttlepb.h(37): error C2590: 'ShuttlePB' : only a constructor can have a base/member initializer list
1>c:\orbiter\orbitersdk\samples\shuttlepb_example_ucgo\ucgo_code.cpp(16): error C2653: 'ShuttlePB' : is not a class or namespace name
1>c:\orbiter\orbitersdk\samples\shuttlepb_example_ucgo\ucgo_code.cpp(19): error C2065: 'hUcgo' : undeclared identifier

I truly do not wish to put DAN down but this seems like a code error internal to the files, not my setup. The ready compiled .dll which comes with the SDK is just what I need to mod to suit my mesh / engines / Cargo slots and the like. This is why I want to mod the code.

Has anyone used this Project to mod there own vessel and can point me to where I am going wrong.

If I can not get his code to compile, I have no chance of it working with my mods!!!:facepalm:

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Went back to see if I could make any more sense of the errors but still had me foxed. Did another compile and it worked!!!! I swear I did not alter anything but it makes a dll now. Its not the same as the released .dll as it still has no cargo slots but least I can make the .dll

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
To point the mistake I should read the code... anyway just as a guarantee: I've followed dan's tutorial about making a vessel ucgo and ummu compatible, and it worked perfectly from the very first compiling

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. What with the quality of the add ons I did think it strange not to run 1st time.

I am still 100% I did not change even a single character plus I seemed to have got multiple errors! Wonder if it was down to a bad disk read?

Again thanks for letting us know