Project UCSO development thread

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello.

I've played with the Deepstar 3.1 addon, which uses UCSO cargos. Then, 80MilesHigh created astonauts, as UCSO parts. So, i have an idea. I don't know if it's a good one, but i'd like to share it, at least to know if the idea is good or not. It's not a request. UCSO and Deepstar 3.1 are great addons as they are.

OK, it could be simply funny, nothing more. But, i think it's possible to pack the astronauts in a seated position (with another spacesuit, why not), grappeled on a seat of the cockpit. Using the aerolander from Deepstar 3.1, for example, it could be a good thing to take the astronauts' mass in count, and it would be fun to see the cockpit peopled in F8 view. It would be a special UCSO cargo, which is packed seated and unpacked in EVA. and even two types of cargos : one able to walk on the ground, another to make spacewalks. Player must choose which one to load depending on the mission. Etc. That's all. I don't even know if it's possible or not, it's just an idea i wanted to share. If it's a good idea, i think it could be applied in other addons and missions. If it's not a good idea, just tell me. :cheers:

Thank you for UCSO !

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello.

I've played with the Deepstar 3.1 addon, which uses UCSO cargos. Then, 80MilesHigh created astonauts, as UCSO parts. So, i have an idea. I don't know if it's a good one, but i'd like to share it, at least to know if the idea is good or not. It's not a request. UCSO and Deepstar 3.1 are great addons as they are.

OK, it could be simply funny, nothing more. But, i think it's possible to pack the astronauts in a seated position (with another spacesuit, why not), grappeled on a seat of the cockpit. Using the aerolander from Deepstar 3.1, for example, it could be a good thing to take the astronauts' mass in count, and it would be fun to see the cockpit peopled in F8 view. It would be a special UCSO cargo, which is packed seated and unpacked in EVA. and even two types of cargos : one able to walk on the ground, another to make spacewalks. Player must choose which one to load depending on the mission. Etc. That's all. I don't even know if it's possible or not, it's just an idea i wanted to share. If it's a good idea, i think it could be applied in other addons and missions. If it's not a good idea, just tell me. :cheers:

Thank you for UCSO !
This is a great idea! It's possible to do this, but for seeing the pilots in the external view, it will require rendering the 3D cockpit while in external view. Currently, a dummy 3D cockpit is used while in external view. This is done to improve performance. If you loaded the all vessels scenario for example while drawing the internal cockpit of each vessel, you will experience a heavy performance loss.
This also requires essentially a mesh rebuild because the current Deepstar vessel meshes don't allow this (it's not possible to render both external and internal meshes at the same time) as they don't overlap correctly. This will require a good amount of work by 80mileshigh.

There is no need to separate between walking on ground or in space, they can be both in the same astronaut. For walking on the ground, this can be done relatively easily. But for walking in space, that requires having RCS thrusters, so some extra work.

Overall, it can be done. The problem is that with school I barely have any time, but I will work on this when I have time to do so. Don't expect it to happen soon though.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello. Thanx for your answer. Good to know the idea was good ! :) I didn't expect more. As i said, it's not a request, so don't worry about me. If i've given you some inspiration, it's great !

Harry14

Reaction score
Hello,

I seem to have an issue with UCSO, when I run the _ng version of orbiter and for a test try to run the ShuttlePB in orbit scenario, I get a CTD after an initial load. Everything else works. I am trying to get the Deepstar 3.1 to work but that gave me a CTD. Posted in the Deepstar forum and they said because I get an initial CTD already with the basic UCSO test scenarios, I could ask for assistance here.

I ca post the full log, but not certain to do that yet here.

Regards, Harry

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I seem to have an issue with UCSO, when I run the _ng version of orbiter and for a test try to run the ShuttlePB in orbit scenario, I get a CTD after an initial load. Everything else works. I am trying to get the Deepstar 3.1 to work but that gave me a CTD. Posted in the Deepstar forum and they said because I get an initial CTD already with the basic UCSO test scenarios, I could ask for assistance here.

I ca post the full log, but not certain to do that yet here.

Regards, Harry
Hi!

Please use "Attach files" to attach the log files so I can have a look.

Harry14

Reaction score
Hello again,

Most recent log file attached. I have tried the 3.0 version and that does seem to work, so it is almost certain the UCSO in some way. Hope you can be of assistance.

Attachments

• Orbiter.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 4

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you have Deepstar installed?
============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/EarthStation [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Deepstar [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Probe1 [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Probe2 [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Aerolander [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Spacehab [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Aerolander [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Spacehab [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Lander [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Lander [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Depot1 [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Depot2 [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Depot3 [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/Depot4 [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/MarsStation [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/UranusStation [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: Deepstar/VenusStation [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] ===============================================================

Harry14

Reaction score
In this version of Orbiter 2016 I have the version 3.1 installed

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Weird. I wonder why module can not be found. Does a default Deepstar scn work?

Harry14

Reaction score
I first posted it in the deepstar 3.1 forum. There was assistance there, where I did multiple fresh installs with fresh downloads to isolate the problem. The old version 3.0 works. The new version 3.1 does not, loads then CTD. But when I did the test scenario of UCSO in itself (ShuttlePB in orbit) I get a CTD, the other two test scenarios do however work. No idea why. Unfortunate because I would like to use the vessel.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I first posted it in the deepstar 3.1 forum. There was assistance there, where I did multiple fresh installs with fresh downloads to isolate the problem. The old version 3.0 works. The new version 3.1 does not, loads then CTD. But when I did the test scenario of UCSO in itself (ShuttlePB in orbit) I get a CTD, the other two test scenarios do however work. No idea why. Unfortunate because I would like to use the vessel.
Looking at the log, I couldn't find anything wrong with UCSO. It seems like there is an issue with Deepstar installation. Please note that Deepstar 3.1 is a completely redesigned version, not just an update of 3.0. Think of 3.1 as 4.0.

Could you open the following locations in file explorer and take a screenshot to see if the installation is correct? All paths are from Orbiter main folder.
  • Config\Vessels\Deepstar
  • Config\Vessels\UCSO
  • Modules\Deepstar
  • Modules\UCSO

Harry14

Reaction score
Hello,

Apologies for the late reply, but here are four screenshots

Attachments

• Config-vessles-deepstar.jpg
    Config-vessles-deepstar.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
  • config-vessles-UCSO.jpg
    config-vessles-UCSO.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Modules-deepstar.jpg
    Modules-deepstar.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Modules-UCSO.jpg
    Modules-UCSO.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5

Harry14

Reaction score
still do not understand why, just looking at the UCSO scenarios alone, "shuttle PB in orbit" gives me a CTD too.

Harry14

Reaction score
posted the CTD log of starting DS 3.1 "All Vessels 1" & UCSO scenario "Shuttle PB in orbit" CTD

Attachments

• Orbiter - Deepstar 3.1 CTD.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Orbiter - UCSO ShuttlePB in orbit CTD.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 2

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: UCSO\ShuttlePB [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] =============================================================== ============================ ERROR: =========================== Could not load vessel module: UCSO\Cargo [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747] ===============================================================

weird try this scn:
BEGIN_DESC Current scenario state Contains the latest simulation state. END_DESC BEGIN_ENVIRONMENT System Sol Date MJD 58710.4864179620 Help CurrentState_img END_ENVIRONMENT BEGIN_FOCUS Ship ShuttlePB END_FOCUS BEGIN_CAMERA TARGET ShuttlePB MODE Extern POS 4.000000 109.578178 -16.472537 TRACKMODE TargetRelative FOV 50.00 END_CAMERA BEGIN_HUD TYPE Orbit REF AUTO END_HUD BEGIN_SHIPS ShuttlePB:ShuttlePB_UCSO STATUS Orbiting Earth RPOS -3254401.740 217784.835 5899170.810 RVEL -6728.3902 -490.7796 -3653.5259 AROT -172.282 61.625 -175.095 VROT -0.0001 0.0638 -0.0000 AFCMODE 7 PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 NAVFREQ 0 0 END CargoShuttlePB:UCSO\CargoShuttlePB STATUS Orbiting Earth RPOS -3254400.529 217783.272 5899171.520 RVEL -6728.3902 -490.7796 -3653.5259 AROT -172.282 61.625 4.905 VROT 0.0001 -0.0638 -0.0000 ATTACHED 0:0,ShuttlePB AFCMODE 7 Landing 0 Timing 0 Timer 0.0000 END END_SHIPS BEGIN_Attachment Manager END

Harry14

Reaction score
critical error, process terminated.

(I am beginning to have more respect for software testers)

Attachments

• Orbiter.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 3
  • TEST1.txt
    974 bytes · Views: 1

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Lets try something. Open a delta glider scenario. Then open scenario editor. Add a UCSO vessel. CArgoShuttlePB
If that works that is a plus. if not send the log.

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I am trying to add UCSO to a vessel, but I can't get it to compile. LINK2019 error...

UCSO_API.lib(VesselAPI.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___std_fs_convert_wide_to_narrow_replace_chars@20 referenced in function

VS2019 Community.