Question Username origins

FADEC

Reaction score
Well, mine is not very inventive but obvious :)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FADEC"]FADEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Mine's username is a short form for Galactic Penguin Supersonic Transportation. The name includes three of my favorite things: the galaxies (backyard astronomy), the penguin (which has been my mascot since my childhood), and supersonic transportation (which includes all space launch vehicles and in-space vehicles, supersonic fighter and bomber jets, and SST passenger jets like the Concorde). The name came when I needed a striking personal e-mail that no-one uses some years ago and it stuck.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Once upon a time I was fond of the Zaku from Gundam (hail Zeon :salute:), but it was never available so I stuck an I in front to make iZaku, because at the time it was all the rage to stick spontaneous 'i's in front of product names... Eventually I wanted to make it sound more Western, and paranoia had driven me to fill in 'real name' boxes with Isaac, so Izack came along. If the name was already taken on a website I'd append an [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton"]N[/ame] after it.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
My Name and Rank in Time Fleet, United Federation of Planets.

I got used to using my enlisted Name and Rank in the USAF. (E-6)TSgt Darren Hensley
When I took my commission I started at (O-4)Lt Commander via my 20 years experience, prior enlistment, and BS degree in Network and Communications Management (BS-NCM). I have a double masters in-work Teaching, and ITM, Webster University, Missouri USA.

The Pabilli is my first command, It's still in the ship yards of Utopia Planitia under construction, and I command approx 60 personnel and officers. The ship is on paper(3DS Max) but the command is real. The ship will be finished upon completion of my ITM degree.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Pretty uninspired for me. (d) stands for my first name... (Dimitris) and the rest stands for my last name. (Gatsoulis). Capital letters, always look like shouting, so i liked the "dgatsoulis".

It was nice to see that the DeltaGlider has my initials!

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My username is an abbreviation of an abbreviation of and abbreviation of an email i have.

evilfer

Reaction score
Given by my university by default:
one letter from first name + 3 from first surname + 3 from second surname (here we have two :D).

I thought it's somewhat cool since it has the English word 'evil' so I keep using it...

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
I picked Arthur Dent, because i love the Hitchhiker books and it is space related, so it would fit into the Orbiter Forum.

At the old M6 Forum, I used some variation of "Potty". Which I abandoned, because I figured out that it could be inappropriate or even offensive for the English speaking world.
The name "Potty" wasn't actually meant to be toilet humor in my world. My real name is Patrick. And somehow my friends in school made "Potty" out of it.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Explain that Name!

And yes, I also think Urwumpe looks like Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius. I even remember Urwumpe's real name, but I like that nobody seems to know what his username means. Mystery is good.

And with that little comment in an earlier thread, I now really want to know what it means :lol:. So anyways, this thread is for explaining just what on earth your username means.

Obviously I'll go first. My screenname was a failed attempt at putting in BruceJohnJennerLawson, cut off by a maximum character limit on OF :beathead:

As for the actual name itself, it was a nickname given to me by one of the coaches I had doing cross-country running in high-school, since my running style apparently looked a lot like a certain famous athlete whose name can be picked out from in between my real name. (there goes that anonymity :facepalm:)

So anyways, please feel free to post :cheers:

Edit: it appears there was also an earlier thread for this, I'll link it here

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22849

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
There's a chain restaurant in the US called Shakey's Pizza. (If you ever happen across one, go there) They have a dish called Mojo Potatoes (Read Steak Fries), and as I was trying to come up with a nickname for a gaming forum I was like 'Hey! mojo!' but the name was taken, so I slapped an ey on there and the rest is history.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
There's a scene in "The Right Stuff" where Gus asks Gordo what astronaut means. Gordo says "Star voyager".

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Took my favorite pilot' callsign (and a bit of a description of my attitude at times) and added my last name to it many, many years ago. I've stuck with it ever since.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Back in 2004, I was signing up for my first forum ever, a Halo Trial Modding site called Zimdale.com. That summer, my family and I had gone on vacation to a place that didn't have the channel that ran Star Trek: The Next Generation every night like at home. They did however have the SciFi channel (now syfy, pronounced "siffy"). For whatever reason that week, they were running a Stargate SG-1 marathon. So we watched that instead of TNG and I really started liking it, particularly this little device they used...
Anyways we got back home, and I re-found the series. Then, on November 4, 2004, I stumbled across Zimdale.com. Wanting a unique name, not likely to be already taken necessitating a bunch of numbers, nor one that someone else would stumble along and grab later, I added "man" to the name of that little device, the Zatnikitel, and thus was created, Zatnikitelman. I of course shorten this to Zatman when in chat rooms, and people frequently shorten that to just Zat.

Just a little note to reassure the staff, moddifying Halo Trial is legal, and the site referenced took/takes about as dim a view on discussion of illegal activities as O-F does.

Last edited: