Using SSBB Modules in XR5

Piet Barber

Reaction score
Website
www.pietbarber.com
I have recently started really enjoying the XR5 Vanguard. Sally Beaumont's voice is so nice to listen to; even when she is reminding me to turn off my APU. (Is she single?) ;;)

So I have another question. Judging by the big American flag in the back of the XR5 cargo bay; how come we have to have a British lady doing the computer voices? Wouldn't you think a presumably-American spacecraft could at least have an American voice? I'm just sayin'....

Anyway, I have been trying to edit the Greg Burch's Space Station Buliding Blocks on my system to make them fit into the payload bay of the XR5. It seems kind of pointless to lug up those big heavy shipping containers to the ISS; you can't dock them to anything.

I spent several hours with ViM and the config files, and came up with one module modified to fit into the bay nicely. I was unable to rotate the cylindrical module 90 degrees along its Z axis; making it fit more like one of those cargo containers in the payload bay.

How do I go about doing this?

Here is the BVFGM.cfg file I have come up with;

Code:
;  Configuration file for Space Station Building Blocks 4.0 Centrifuge Hab 

Meshname = burchismo\BCFGM
Mass = 5000
Size = 6.0
Inertia = 7.7 7.7 2.3
ImageBmp = Config\Vessels\Default\B213.bmp

;----------------------------------------------------
; XR Payload custom parameters
;----------------------------------------------------

XRPayloadEnabled = true
Description = BCFGM1 Centerfuge Module
Dimensions = 6.06 2.4 3.2 
AttachmentPointIndex = 0
;Dimensions = 3.43 3.59 6.096 
;Dimensions = 2.43 12.18 2.59
;AttachmentPointIndex = 0
;PrimarySlotCenterOfMassOffset =  0 -2.5 -3
PrimarySlotCenterOfMassOffset =  0 -2.6 0
ThumbnailPath = Vessels\B213.bmp
VesselsWithExplicitAttachmentSlotsDefined = XR5Vanguard
;XR5Vanguard_ExplicitAttachmentSlots = 2 
;---------------------------------------------------

; === Docking ports ===
BEGIN_DOCKLIST
 0 2.301939 0    0  1 0    1 0 0
END_DOCKLIST

; === Attachment specs ===
BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P 0  2.301939 0         0  1 0    1 0 0   X1 
P 0 -2.301939 0         0 -1 0   -1 0 0   X2 
P 0  -2.8 2.4        0  1 0    0 0 1   XCARGO
END_ATTACHMENT

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
you could use the Universal-Cargo-Deck-Carrier for the XR5 (I currently seem unable to access Orbithangar, so I can't post a link...), then you can use the Universal Cargodeck via the scenario-editor (which otherwise you couldn't, because the XR5 has no fixed center of gravitiy). It's a slight bit more tedious, but you can load anything in any position. Otherwise, I don't know...

Piet Barber

Reaction score
Website
www.pietbarber.com
you could use the Universal-Cargo-Deck-Carrier for the XR5 (I currently seem unable to access Orbithangar, so I can't post a link...),

Yes, I already have done that. It's just not the same for me. The cargo bay computer on board says those slots are empty.

Hey I see you are in Switzerland. I live just outside Bern, and I commute to Fribourg every weekday.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I (currently) live somewhere at the north border of the Zurich lake (Üerikon)... And I wonder what an american is doing here... spying, no doubt! :lol:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I have recently started really enjoying the XR5 Vanguard. Sally Beaumont's voice is so nice to listen to; even when she is reminding me to turn off my APU. (Is she single?) ;;)

Sally does have a beautiful voice. When I was hiring a voice actress for the part 29 voice actresses submitted demos but Sally was my first choice.

As to whether she is single, her bio doesn't mention a spouse, so you can always hope... :)

So I have another question. Judging by the big American flag in the back of the XR5 cargo bay; how come we have to have a British lady doing the computer voices? Wouldn't you think a presumably-American spacecraft could at least have an American voice? I'm just sayin'....

You can blame that on me -- I just love Sally's RP accent! Call me selfish. :)