OHM USS_Enterprise_Star Trek XI

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: cmoon55

USS Enterprise Star Trek 2009 (V1.0 February 1st 2011)

UPDATE Feb 2nd 2011: Made the hull textures a bit lighter more like those in the film

Introduction:
When I first saw this new alternate timeline Enterprise, I was not sure how much I agreed with Mr. Church's vision. Over the last couple years, his vision has grown on me.
She is just under 800 meters in length, over 400,000 metric tonnes and sports very powerful impulse and RCS systems.
Animations:
The Bussard collectors are animated (PRESS "G") an the hangar deck doors open and close using "K".
Docking Ports:
She has docking ports at the bow of the saucer, port and starport on the saucer, on both sides of the neck and secondary hull as well as several in the hangar deck.
INSTALLATION:
Required add-ons:
Vinka's Spacecraft3 (Most people here have this installed, but it you don't this add-on's mesh will NOT apprear. To add to another scenario, either directly edit the scenario file, or use the scenario editor, but be sure to name it exactly as it appears in the vessel list menu)
Orbspotlight (Computerrex's Orbspotlight add-on has been used to give her strobe lights and beacons, to view them you will need you install only the Orbspotlight module contained in his add-on pack. This module is not compatible with the Orbiter local lightsources module, so simply de-activate it while using orbspotlights otherwise it will crash Orbiter 2010.)
Credits:
This model is a KITBASH of the following...
Enterprise 2009 mesh in Google Sketch-up by Cameron K.Chen see this model and others by him with the following link:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?uq=0731220481732965651721545&scoring=m
Star Trek 2009 style Bridge by Trekkie, also at Google Sketch-up
See his original work here:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=8cd82c32c915076c53be30a3d3c80fc0&prevstart=0
I have added new textures lit and un-lit, Bussard collector meshes, shuttle hangar meshes and many other minor tweeks.

I've been working on this model for the last month. I'm also working on a Kelvin, several shuttles, the star base and the Narada, release times TBA.
All models shared on Googles 3D warehouse are for FREE-of-Charge personal use with credit given to their creators.

DOWNLOAD

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great work!
(However, didn't the Enterprise have a little bit lighter colour and wasn't it smaller than 800m? - It might be even more beautiful than it is!)

cmoon55

Reaction score
Entprise scale controversy

Yeah the original series establish good ol 1701 as 310ish meters roughly 1000 feet. However careful analysis of the close-ups of the bridge view port / re-location and the shot of the shuttle hangar reveals that Abrams and crew went with a ship between 700 and 800 meters!!! Oh well its an alternate universe so I'll role with it. for a verrrry indepth discussion check this out. http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/new_enterprise_comment.htm

Yeah the hull textures are still a little darker than portrayed in the film. I actually like the darker WOKish tones so I'm departing a bit from the film. I'll certrainly consider lightening them, easily done in Gimp. Careful atention to detail will show that I went with a much simplified more WOKish bridge layout as well.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Finally! It's about time someone made the new Enterprise.

EDIT: Why is it partially cloaked ?(the textures appear if I zoom in closer)

partiallycloaked.JPG

Last edited:

Reaction score
Fantastic add-ons,love the bridge :tiphat:,any news on the Alien's add-on?

cmoon55

Reaction score
Fantastic add-ons,love the bridge :tiphat:,any news on the Alien's add-on?

Hi, I still have a bunch to do, uv mapping the atmospheric processor is where I descided to take a break still need to finish the various meshes. Sulaco, colony, drop ship etc etc. There's sp much detailed hardware... but I think I'm getting faster and smart about using anim8or efficiently...

Reaction score
Can't wait for it,keep up the good work,your add-on are fantastic.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

cmoon55

Reaction score
Whoa, how did that happen?

Finally! It's about time someone made the new Enterprise.

EDIT: Why is it partially cloaked ?(the textures appear if I zoom in closer)

partiallycloaked.JPG

Please check inside your textures folder, and make sure "Disk-uptile.dds" and "enthull2" are both there. If they are then the problem may be a difference between our respective graphics cards or configurations, maybe? Can you let me know a little about the specs on your computer? cards, ram, CPU etc etc?

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Today I've found out, that the official lenght should be 725,31m. I thought, that It might be welcomed information for you. (And non-welcomed one for me - I was shocked - they've more-than-doubled her)

---------- Post added at 02:52 ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 ----------

Why is it partially cloaked ?(the textures appear if I zoom in closer)

This looks like some of the meshe's groups have visible side flipped, so you can see them from inside, when you zoom "into" the mesh.

cmoon55

Reaction score
Cloaking issue...

Hi guys,

Wow! I've never seen that "partial cloaking" happen in the three different computers I've loaded and tested this model on... I wonder how many people have experienced this? The model was originally built by Mr. Chen using Google Scketch-up. This program can create a layer of mesh faces, ocupying the same space, but with opposite values, so it appears as a solid wal from both sides, effectively doubling the size of the mesh file though... Since the whole model has his double wall effect, and if this were the sole cause of the problem; you wouldn't see anything. From the picture it looks like only 2 of the hull textures are affected. This is why I asked if these textures were correctly installed. However unlikely those affected might have a confilct with another add-on??? hmmm... I really don't know. It could also be a conflict with the UV mapping values and the graphics card? Maytbe try re-downloading and re-installing the add-on to see if that fixes it, otherwise keep me posted please.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Today I've found out, that the official lenght should be 725,31m. I thought, that It might be welcomed information for you. (And non-welcomed one for me - I was shocked - they've more-than-doubled her)

---------- Post added at 02:52 ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 ----------

This looks like some of the meshe's groups have visible side flipped, so you can see them from inside, when you zoom "into" the mesh.

I think that was perhaps the most "controversial" of Abrams choices. However it does make room for grander sets and more variety within the ship. Again an alternate universe / time line so theoretically no conflict with the previous cannon, muct the same way the Mirror-mirror universe dosn't erase or invalidate the original universe / time line. It just adds another option for writers and their stories.:thumbup:

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think that was perhaps the most "controversial" of Abrams choices. However it does make room for grander sets and more variety within the ship. Again an alternate universe / time line so theoretically no conflict with the previous cannon, muct the same way the Mirror-mirror universe dosn't erase or invalidate the original universe / time line. It just adds another option for writers and their stories.:thumbup:

Hmmm.... but what annoys me the most is, that the MemoryAlpha web has almost no accurate specifications of the ship yet, and that people still argue about the final size of the ship, because no official numbers were published. And Abrams knew very well, that orthodox trekkies will ask for those numbers.

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Grt Job..:thumbup:Love the bridge..2 bad can,t use right now 2 heavy on my fps..:facepalm:Alot of addons cant use due to my card but cant wait to add..:tiphat:

“Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.”

Last edited:

CosmoSail

Reaction score
Enterprise XI - thrust issue

Hi cmoon55,

Excellent job on this add-on. It runs well even in the new Orbiter 2016. The only issue is the main thrust. The issue is when the main thrust is engaged, the ship consistently pitches down and to the right. However, it seems to maintain course and heading when pro-grade autopilot is engaged. Has anyone else had this problem when piloting this craft?

Thanks.

CosmoSail

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if my previous post went through. In case it did not, I will reply here. For one, great job on this add-on. Exception detail with the hull. The ship runs remarkably well in orbiter 2016. The issue is in piloting the ship. When main thrust is engaged, the ship pitches down and to the right (even with killrot applied). However, course heading seems to hold when accelerating in pro-grade autopilot. After trying to adjust the configuration parameters, I have had no luck. Has anyone experienced this problem? Even in Orbiter 2010?