Question Velcro, Energia, and XR2

halcyon

Reaction score
I decided to try out the velcro rockets v1.1 package and try to attach the Energia to the XR2.
Well...I'm not very knowledgeable with coding the scenario files, and I made a mess of things before I finally managed to attach the XR2 to the tip of the Energia core mesh.
When I launched the autopilot though, Energia didn't roll or pitch, it just went straight up. Don't ask me what codes I copied and pasted in, I already did a fresh reinstall of orbiter.

Could someone possibly post a scenario file code with the XR2 attached to the Energia launcher? Once I see an example I'll pick up the rest right away, but at present I couldn't find any existing scenario files to study.
Basically I'm trying to mimic the current NASA setup. I wanted to stick the XR2 on the side of Energia like the shuttle sticks to the external tank and SRBs.

I've already read the velcro manual and I can't make sense out of the differences between all the variables for attaching things.
Any help is appreciated!

*edit*
nevermind. Figured it out by trial and error messing with number values.

Last edited:

ijuin

Reaction score
AFAIK the autopilot would only control the XR2 and not the Energia, so if the XR2 is not the active vehicle (i.e. it is a payload on the Energia stack without its engines thrusting), then its autopilot would have no effect on the flight until the XR2 separates and becomes the active vehicle.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Kulch's Energia comes with a payload manager tool which you can use to attach the XR2 to the Engeriga then use the Engeriga autopilot to get you into oribt.