Request Very large space station model

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
I've been thinking about a space station that acts as a large hangar for Arrow Freighters. It'll be about 2-3 km (Estimate, probably wrong) long and prettymuch be an oversized cylinder with 16 docking ports. I've attached an image of what it looks like.

I have no experience in modeling so I'm asking one of you for help. I'll do the scripting and stuff, so all I need is a model.
:hailprobe:

Attachments

• Arrow Station.png
    Arrow Station.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 92

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I could probably do the modeling (but not very well), but coding it might be a problem for me.

FuzzyLogic

Reaction score
Good idea! I've always wanted some place where I could refuel and resupply my Arrows. Right now all I can do is get them as close as I can to a station and... well, pretend they're docked.

How are you going to keep the Arrows docked, though? Right now their only docking port is in a bay deep inside the Arrow's belly. Maybe you can model some "hook" that could reach it, but still, docking with that could be a pain.

I wish a future Arrow release, if such thing ever happens, gives her an external docking port. Hope Dansteph finds the time and motivation to improve this great ship.

iamwearingpants

Just an Earth-bound misfit, I
Reaction score
Good idea! I've always wanted some place where I could refuel and resupply my Arrows. Right now all I can do is get them as close as I can to a station and... well, pretend they're docked.

How are you going to keep the Arrows docked, though? Right now their only docking port is in a bay deep inside the Arrow's belly. Maybe you can model some "hook" that could reach it, but still, docking with that could be a pain.

I wish a future Arrow release, if such thing ever happens, gives her an external docking port. Hope Dansteph finds the time and motivation to improve this great ship.

A hook was exactly what I was thinking :)

And the Arrow is my favorite ship. Awesome virtual cockpit, UCGO and UMMU support, and the best way to set up a base in the outer solar system.

I think a great place to set this station up would be orbiting Jupiter in a Europa-like orbit. That way you would have easy access to all of the Galilean moons. Also I could add a Hail Cannon, for all of your Probisist needs! :hailprobe: Hmm, can't wait for this to be done!

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i tried something like this, i already have a model for a station

it has a cage that was ideally where they were contructed, it has a "hook" docking port to get to it.

ive just been unable to texture it, if someone could texture and code it, be my guest

just some pics:

if you like it i can post it here, just let me know

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
ok i just made two ucgo arrow station things and im going to upload them, but i want to include a few scenarios... and i suck at making orbits... so if anyone can put up a good hi-Jupiter-orbit scenario code or something that would be good... :thumbup: