Internet Video Thread

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score

I always loved that guy already during the Shuttle era. Probably one of the best astronauts for public relations.

Last edited:

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score

In 2022 NASA named the Launch Control Center at the Cape after Rocco Petrone. It is now the Rocco A. Petrone Launch Control Center. A late but nice honor.

Graham2001

Reaction score
A trio of procedurally generated (aka 'AI') trailers for well known films of the 70s (and) later as if they had been made in the 1950s

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
The only guy from the Apollo 17 crew still alive. Born in 1935, his mind is still as sharp as it was in 1972 I think. Nice interview...

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
It's been 23 years since, but damn it is still like the other day. I have seen a lot of footage from 911 but this is by far the best in quality. It is from a team of German reporters, showing both collapses. Still hard to watch after 23 years. But one actually doesn't really see if it's new or old footage. It would look very different if this was footage from 1981 watched in 2004 for example. The world progresses very differently since the early 2000s (clothes etc.).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's been 23 years since, but damn it is still like the other day. I have seen a lot of footage from 911 but this is by far the best in quality. It is from a team of German reporters, showing both collapses. Still hard to watch after 23 years. But one actually doesn't really see if it's new or old footage. It would look very different if this was footage from 1981 watched in 2004 for example. The world progresses very differently since the early 2000s (clothes etc.).

Just imagine ten years before 9/11 was 1991. Do you remember the clothes, west and east Germany wore, when the iron curtain fell and how bad the quality of the still analog TV cameras was?

A few days after September 11, 1991, the first Linux kernel was published....

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Just imagine ten years before 9/11 was 1991. Do you remember the clothes, west and east Germany wore, when the iron curtain fell and how bad the quality of the still analog TV cameras was?
Not specifically the clothes. But when I look at photos from 1991, for example from holiday with my family on the Canary Islands, I always think: oh my god... the cars, the shirts, the hair styles... 😂 It's very different. But I have a hard time to tell whether a certain photo is from 2009 or 2019 for example, especially if you see no cars on it. But clothing and hair style is mostly the same today. It is very different for the past decades before 2000 though. I can tell, within seconds, the specific decade when someone shows me a photos or when I see something on TV. Each decade was very special, the 50's, the 60's and especially the 70's and 80's. But it's not really that easy anymore since the early 2000's.

Hell yeah, 1989 was a very special year (regarding clothes in west and east Germany)...

Damn, the early 90s... 🤣

But I always felt that the US always looked more modern than Germany. But even the 90's were very different to the 2000s than the 2000s in comparison to today. This one is from 1991, NY city...

Seems that life was more light-hearted and relaxed back then, just as I remember it.

I remember 1991 just as if it was last week. Even certain days (slight form of autism?). Can't believe it's 33 years already 👀 T h i r t y - t h r e e !

A few days after September 11, 1991, the first Linux kernel was published....
And there was the only one guy in the classroom that knew about Unix and Linux,, and everybody else did guess if he was talking about another new version of Windows 3.0 or MS DOS 🤔 🤓🤣

PS: that's another good example. If you disregard the aspect ratio, it doesn't look old at all. But it was 20 years ago...

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
A couple years old, but a must-watch