Internet Video Thread

Graham2001

Reaction score
Cleaning up the 'Boob Tube' with cheap electonics....

Reactions: GLS

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As an ol’ steam guy, I Grock that. Someone shoulda taught ‘em something of sodium sulfite/sulfate buffer solutions. And the header replacement shoulda been 2 or 3 inches up the cylinder, at least, or maybe above the blowdown port. But, I woulda put the blowdown port bottom center. I hope no one was in the truck.

steph

Reaction score
Some good footage of the Tonga eruption. I mean, damn....this was 50 miles away. In a way, it's best that there were no volcanology crews closer, like the day before. That kind of shockwaves might have been unsurvivable close to ground zero. Or, at the very least, the view would have been truly apocalyptic. And this wasn't even as intense as Krakatoa. Possibly why we even got this kind of footage.

And the long version:

steph

Reaction score
I'm almost certain this was posted before, either here or on some SpaceX discussion, but anyways... DC-X. The Starship SSTO that wasn't to be. Despite the clusterf**k at Twitter etc, Musk did get one thing right: having a continuously running production line for the motors etc means you can test as much as you want. Unlike NASA, who axed the thing after one landing leg failure. SpaceX had that happen like 3 times before the first successful booster landing.

Last edited:

clipper

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the victim of course and the engineers who poured all the time and effort into that project, but I've honestly never seen something so hideous that it actually feels good to watch it get destroyed.

Piasecki Helicopter in general appears to have been quite talented at designing some incredibly ugly shit.