Internet Video Thread

steph

Reaction score
Perhaps has been posted before. A documentary showcasing the lovely life that the working class enjoys in the utopian communist 'people's republic' of China. Made in 2015.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
updated Kirovets tractor, as all orbitonauts must eat

Piorun

Reaction score
The BWP Borsuk ("Badger IFV") is a next-gen amphibious infantry fighting vehicle specially designed to operate in difficult terrains with numerous water obstacles (rivers, lakes etc). If its flotation capability is not required at a given moment, the Borsuk might be retrofitted with an additional attachable armour. This week 1400 vehicles were ordered and the first serial Borsuks will be delivered to their units within this year.

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
I like the video of the trip around the USA at night (there are explicit horror films)
Looks actually like the area around the main station we have in Frankfurt here in Germany...

Frankfurter_Altstadt_mit_Skyline_2019_(100MP).jpg

40049.jpg

Frankfurt,_Bahnhofsviertel_-_Flickr_-_7C0.jpg

bahnhofsviertel.jpg

I could even post worse images from the area where I live. Of course doesn't mean that this is Germany just like the video from Philadelphia doesn't mean this is the US. That would be selective perception or populism. It's just certain roads in big cities.

We need something else to see why China is actually a kind of utopia in terms of wealth. There are solid reasons why the US and Germany are the two most popular immigration countries on the globe with the US being the undisputed number one by far. While China is draining... (communism fails; it's only the combination of capitalism that keeps China running and let it grow I guess).

steph

Reaction score
I still remember last summer when I took a trip to Paris. Montparnasse was full to the brim, a crowd was protesting near the tickets area , another group was chanting some spanish slogan, and when I got outside , an old bearded man wearing only pants was going along abso-f'inlutely shouting at the top of his lungs about 'die nazistiche Amerikanen'. Quite the distopic scene, almost caught it on phone video :ROFLMAO: . But that guy is probably on YouTube somewhere, he was drawing waay too much attention. Even been in St.Denis, out of curiosity (and no, not for you know what. Waay too paranoid about condoms breaking etc for that kind of stunts). I visited in broad daylight, and I'd say it's relatively safe ,besides all the chicks calling out from the balconies and the place feels like walking through a hip hop video. But the places that are most dangerous aren't always those that look worst , and viceversa. Despite looking like a war zone in some cases, most areas like that are just poor. Been in a 'gipsy colony' with work and the only weird occurence was a kid trying to sell me a bible. Once accidentally wandered into something that looked kinda like Lunik9 and only stumbled upon someone awkwardly asking me if I had some food to spare. I'm sure there is also shenanigans, but the vast majority of people living in such places are simply stuck due to their appartments being unsellable. Will share a few links when I get home

Edit: here are the vids. I like Bald's vids, even though he's otherwise a sex tourist, possible rapist and cocaine bear

Aaand, of course, he gets robbed in a very glitzy place instead. However, while there are exceptions probably, around there the big flashy clubs are the most dangerous, usually. In my barfly days, I even wandered into true 'gipsy bars'. Three of them. Wearing an Anthrax T-shirt and leather jacket, of course. Nothing came of it, they were even friendly and surprised that someone like me would even be there.
Though , that one time, I was sure me and a buddy of mine were gonna get whacked. Didn't happen. We stumbled upon a concert of a balkan superstar. We didn't know, and the pricing was way more decent than for a metal concert,for example, so we just went in. Place had no stage,and the singer was really tiny, so at first we didn't know why all the goons were sittimg in a tiny circle🤣. My buddy then went to aak for a 'dedication' for the two metalheads in the house, planning to give him like one dollar for it. Bad idea, since those guys don't play for that kind of money and it made the whole club accutely aware that we were there. But nothing came of it, he even ordered shots for us😂

Last edited:

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
what already?o_O
Yeah. I didn't even know. I had to look at it. China is at -200k each year 🤷‍♂️ I thought it might be a little bit more popular but obviously it isn't at all. For example, there are 20k Germans living in China but more than 100k Chinese living in Germany 😅 I noticed it in my town too. I'm living in the vicinity of a university. The number of Chinese students increased during recent years. And some stay afterwards.

maybe in Russia and China it happens less painfully, for example, a citizen of the GDR can safely move to Russia;)
Yeah 😂 I think Russia is number 4 or 5 on the international list, or something like that (while China doesn't even appear). At least it was before the war in Ukraine. Don't know about the numbers now.

steph

Reaction score
What the chinese documentary gets very well is the hum, during the scene from behind the truck, tho. I grew up not veey far from an industrial area, and therr was this constant hum, that was very similar to the hum I could hear as a kid. Possibly blast furnace, but I'm not 100% sure. There were at least two types, with one needing to be constantly on and the other one intermittent. But that thing was massive. Had a school visit there and I could literally feel the ground shaking when it came on. So, living in a distopian landscape, with a shitty job and that damn hun in the background most of the time...let's just say I don't wanna know their depression and suicide stats.

steph

Reaction score
Wow. That is very interesting!

For some reason, I can't edit properly on the phone, so I had to post again. Buuut... the reason why some of the slums are relatively safe is because most of the 'pros' are 'working in the west, so to speak. Most places got way more dangerous in spring 2020, as those returned home en masse. We're talking streer fights erupting,, fights with police etc.

This one's from a street fight in 2018, but you can imagine how bad it can get🤣

However , while Lunik9 may be the largest or most notorious , one of the worst or the most dangerous in Europe is probably Pata Rat, basically a shantytown in Transylvania. There's some Romanian language and subtitles too, but he also speaks a lot in English. Anyhow, there are english subtitles and you can see the landscape

But this is mostly a case where they scream that they're just poor victims of the system, while the reality is more disturbing. Police doesn't go there, and you won't see much independent vlogging about it because they rarely let outsiders in, especially if they don't agree to tow the official line, since the place is run by the gipsy mafia. It is more like a self-governing Gipsystan with a population of around a few thousand. Went in there once, years ago with a christian NGO (I guess I'm agnostic or atheist, but my ex had converted and she was participating) and some of the advice before going in was 'no photos', 'don't piss them off under any circumstance' and 'don't try to escape on foot, stick together if there's trouble'. So, as we drove there, I noticed a bunch of glitzy SUVs, BMW and Merc started tailing as we got close.

Now , that I think of it, there was a bearded driver, so I guess it might have even been the guy in the video. I initially thought they were cars of the Beard Brothers, an unafilliated NGO that also had actions there, so I was glad that we had the cavarly coming with us, so to speak. Pucker factor went through the roof when I realised they were the mob. So, once we arrived, everyone gathered along an old dude who was the 'chieftain' baclk then, and, like good christians, they immediately started taking pics despite being told expressly not to. But we soon realised the guys stalking us in the expensive cars only cared about us not seeing some of the stuff there, or at the very least not photographjng some buildings or cars, as well as some people. Turns out, being lawless, the place was being used to grow weed, some of the inhabitants were wanted fugitives etc. Perhaps even slavery happened there, as it wouldn't be the first documented case in such a community.. The people in the NGO even admitted that they accidentally saw some 'totally not ok' stuff, with one having wrecked his car's suspension in an acute case of having to get the hell out of dodge asap. So, maybe in all these years even that guy changed, but I'm still not sure people aren't getting trafficked and/or murdered for organs there. It's very easy to accuse someone of hypocrisy by pretending to be all christian etc yet they stay silent about a lot of stuff that happens there

So, yes, what happened to them in 2010 was definitely wrong, it was racial segregation of the kind only the communist regime used to do. Unfortunately, Eastern Europe is deeply racist, especially towards them,, and that kind of move tends to win mandates .But I'm not 100% sure they were doing very well in those houses even before they got evicted, nor if they were the true owners there, as they have a tendency to squat and claim houses they don't own. I'm not being racist, actually grew up next to some houses of traditional ethnic gypsies until I was 6 years old, so my play buddies were mostly gypsies, and they were quite fine people, as I remember, clean and with very low risk of shenanigans. Sure, ethnically different , clothes and all, but otherwise harmless. But we're nowadays witnessing a sort of ' stunted generation', with high illiteracy rates and few usable skills except violence and crime. One of the few things that were good during communism was that any kind of social aid etc was conditioned on having your kids go to school. That stopped in the 90's, so most kids were trained to steal and/or beg and never went to school.

Last edited:

clipper

Reaction score
Not sure how I managed to miss this. Not bad, not bad at all

Coming in September :D
I really love Bethesda and I've been borderline addicted to everything they've worked on since Morrowind (sans Fallout 76 - but we don't talk about that one), but then I remember that the last space game I've been hyped for was Mass Effect Andromeda... so yeah.

I'll try not to get too hyped-up about it.