Internet Video Thread

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Some well-known faces from the Shuttle era, some new ones. But I have to say that cell phone usage by the audience is like an infectious disease. Why not just enjoying the event instead of holding up cell phones? :rolleyes: There'll be videos and photos later on anyways.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Really great video, even compared to the quality standards of this channel, this time the video addresses the manufacturing and testing of a old muzzle loading cannon in detail, including early electromechanic devices to measure muzzle velocity or purely mechanic sensors to measure the pressure in the gun barrel. Especially astounding is the high production quality achieved at this era, modern production is only a few microns better.(y)

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
A 737 "crashed" at John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana California, but no deaths or injuries:

Apparently they touched down really hard and the left gear went through the wing:

96394_f4ehupoaqaa2hi__651887.jpg

96392_f4ewybweaahnys_878347.jpg

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
A 737 "crashed" at John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana California, but no deaths or injuries:

Apparently they touched down really hard and the left gear went through the wing:

96394_f4ehupoaqaa2hi__651887.jpg

96392_f4ewybweaahnys_878347.jpg

Looks like the sparks were from the engine nacelle...

F4EhUPnboAAtxik.jpg

F4EhUPqaAAAs0iP.jpg

That's a heavy damage. Likely they will blame the cockpit crew. Might be insufficient judgement by the PF.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
That's a heavy damage. Likely they will blame the cockpit crew. Might be insufficient judgement by the PF.
It's a relatively short runway that has major highways right off each end. They pretty much need to plant the wheels as close to the numbers as they can, especially with a wet runway. A Navy carrier touchdown with a badly timed stormy downdraft might have lead to this.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Abandon hope, everyone who enters here
Kensington, Philadelphia (better known as Zombieland)

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Although I live less than an hour away from Philadelphia, I don’t go there. The place is just insane. Shootings almost every day.

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Although I live less than an hour away from Philadelphia, I don’t go there. The place is just insane. Shootings almost every day.
I avoid large parts of the society even in Germany without shootings going on. As a train driver you become tired of people. In groups they are worse than wild animals. The video above only completes the picture.

I enjoy nature, books and stuff one can do in front of a PC.