Gaming Voice effect for teamspeak etc.

thedubman

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been playing a Mars Colonisation sim (see earlier post) and we have hooking up multiplayer using ts-
Im looking for a voice changer/effect that will give myself that space/nasa effect (ie a Bleep! bit of distortion and static,some background chatter maybe)

Ive tried all main sites (including Morphvox and screaming bee etc) but had some issues with virus from dodgy get free/demo software sites- :thumbsdown: loaded screaming bee software and seem to screw up my sound drivers !!

Preff be free, or a demo etc.
Ive also wondered if I can play a sample(bleep!) which is trigged via, ts push to talk/mic use etc.Instead of a voice changer. Ive tried various window/sound blaster/ts ways around but I cant seem to be able to.

Any ideas be appriciated!

thedubman

Reaction score
Hi,

Thats it! great stuff exaclty what im looking for. thanks for that big help, will be sounding like old nasa chatter in no time :)

regards

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can that be used for recording or only with TeamSpeak ?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

DarkWanderer

Orbiter Contributor
Donator
Reaction score
I would say it is not unethical to use it for recording of audio for noncommercial use, as long as credit is given.
As long as permission is given.

But your ethics are yours.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As long as permission is given.

But your ethics are yours.
If the author couldn't be arsed to include a one-line statement somewhere stating what is and isn't allowed, then he/she/it clearly doesn't care how the software is used.

For commercial usage, permission would of course be sought. But I have never heard of a freely available software package that doesn't allow you to use it for personal noncommercial reasons.

If you can't use the thing for personal noncommercial reasons, it's kind of pointless.

DarkWanderer

Orbiter Contributor
Donator
Reaction score
If you can't use the thing for personal noncommercial reasons, it's kind of pointless.
Release of own package containing components of someone else's is not "personal usage".

thedubman

Reaction score
TS Noise- how can I test!

Ok back on topic here-

I got ts-noise, the websites in german (what I dont speak) I ran everything, installed sound pack, configered, (saw console stating found sb hardware)-
I couldnt hear any effects or radio cue etc..

So im guessing that I cannot here the effects My end (dosnt alter my voice , just TS output)only other players who have joined on My TS server can here my voice 'altered' and theres to me.

am I right?

I was wonderering if I can record My ts output to see if ts-noise is working/what sounds like..

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Release of own package containing components of someone else's is not "personal usage".
Huh? I think we're talking past each other here.

Donamy asks:
Can that be used for recording or only with TeamSpeak ?

You say:
Though there's no license statement, I think, it would be unethical.

I thought you were talking about his question. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Donamy: No, I'm pretty sure it can only be used from TS, but you can always record from TS. Although I think the quality will probably be pretty low.

Ok back on topic here-

I got ts-noise, the websites in german (what I dont speak) I ran everything, installed sound pack, configered, (saw console stating found sb hardware)-
I couldnt hear any effects or radio cue etc..

So im guessing that I cannot here the effects My end (dosnt alter my voice , just TS output)only other players who have joined on My TS server can here my voice 'altered' and theres to me.

am I right?

I was wonderering if I can record My ts output to see if ts-noise is working/what sounds like..
Was anyone else talking to you? According to the website, it only affects your local client, so it would only change what you hear when other people talk to you (since you can't hear your own voice on TS), and it wouldn't change what other people hear when you talk. Also, the website says that it doesn't work on Vista, so if you have Vista it won't work.

Last edited:

DarkWanderer

Orbiter Contributor
Donator
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about his question. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Unfortunately, second guess is wrong too. Reading the posts again may help. Though there's little hope on it...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Unfortunately, second guess is wrong too. Reading the posts again may help. Though there's little hope on it...
What? I originally thought your statement about it being unethical was in response to Donamy's question asking whether or not ts-noise could be used for recording.

My second guess was that that was not true and your statement about it being unethical was in regard to the links you posted. Was that not the case?

However, the links you posted--the freesound project--do have a well-defined license statement, so now I'm not sure what you're talking about anymore.