Vessel Von Braun spacecraft

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know there used to be a whole Von Braun add-on (Edit: "World of Colliers" is the name of the add-on), but I found some cool renderings of such a craft that might make a 21st Century revisit something to think about. Or at the very least, a 21stc century reskin (which I might work on myself).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A group I'm in, the Toy Soldiers' Orbital Sciences Directorate, is having a contest to build a physical spacecraft mock-up, and I think I'm going to do a Von Braun-inspired craft like this, just to be retro. :thumbup: :cool:

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
So what's was new, got old and is new again... :cheers:
stardust07.jpg

I've got this as a paper model. But haven't built it yet.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In looking for more craft like this online, I wandered across this group, which is a group for people that like to make paper models of spacecraft. Fun!

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

So what's was new, got old and is new again...

I've got this as a paper model. But haven't built it yet.

Yep. Let me see if I can find it again.

Man... Google is awesome sometimes.
http://www.paperaviation.de/Stardust/stardust.html

Now I'm thinking of blowing each of those pages up 4x, pasting them on construction board and making a BIG one...

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm a member of that group. There is also a paper model forum, that has a strangely familiar layout...

Arthur Dent

Absolutely Mental
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wasa.pottyland.de
There is a website by a special effect artist, who is making a movie that includes this rocket. Maybe this has some useful inspiration for you:
manconquersspace.com

He's been working on it for more than 10 years (actually the Orbiter community made me aware of this project a loooong time ago). He is making more progress recently, according to the Facebook page.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Relevant new information (and I'm the OP):

I contacted the artist who did the original images in this thread: he is willing to send me plan views of the rocket, for creating an addon. :cool:

The concept appears to be, "what if the Saturn Program continued into the 70s, and Von Braun designed the Space Shuttle as an outgrowth of that program".

Last edited:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Update: Shrox has yet to send me the plan views. In the interim I am relearning how to use the dev tools, so that when he does send them, I can begin working on it.