Weather

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Here we have had unusual lightnings. My phone got burned during a thunder storm.

But sometimes there is no rain, like in the case of a lightning hitting trees in a park where people were waiting for the bus and many of them resulted with burns and fainting. Also, in the countryside 38 cows were hit by a lightning too in a single strike. Supernatural? No, it is just the rage of Zeus...

Are we ever going to have weather in Orbiter?

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
It's been sort of sunny sort of cloudy for the past few days here.

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Outside it's really nice, enjoying the sun & so on, but in my room it's still 30 degrees C deep into the evening. It's directly under a black roof with no air conditioning and with only small windows.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Its noon on 4 Jul and its 65 degrees outside. I have some words for people who don't think the quieter Sun has nothing to do with it.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Its 105 here.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
27 here, so spent the last couple of hours in the sea. Now I'm back home and trying to concentrate on finishing a paper. Next door is having a grill, though, so I have a feeling that work will go badly ;)

For interest, the last week in Denmark has been 2C above the average, this year has been 1.6C above the average. There's hordes of tourists here at the moment who look like they're about to melt, the Americans and Japanese appear to have packed clothing more suitable for the Arctic.:p

You are most welcome, but please mind that you will have to spend some of your savings to that. Russia takes the 3rd place in the world's ranking of the most expensive countries to visit (after Japan and South Korea).

That's mainly because Moscow and St Petersburg hotel prices are so stupid, though ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The temperature is OK for the month here, but the relative moisture is higher than normal.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
For now the summer here in Germany is exactly like I wish to see it, which is not too hot and sunny over longer periods. Today it was quite a nice temperature at my hometown (only 25°C). During the following week the day temperature at my hometown is going to decrease to about 18°C until thursday, including thunderstorms. Just perfectly to my taste. I love intense thermal thunderstorms and cool summer days. Yesterday, after a hail shower, we even had lots of slush in my hometown and the winter road clearance indeed had to clear the streets. It looked like winter and it even was shown in the nationwide news. It was just great. This seems to be my summer. Just keep going Dr. Weather:cheers:

The 2008/2009 winter temperatures in Germany already were 0,5 °C below average and we had no mild periods of time during the last winter (compared to previous winters) but two cold snaps instead. I just loved it.

All in all I feel great with the climate where I live, and I don't expect (and hope) a too hot summer at all this year. It is July already and we did not see too much hot days for now. Most people complain (as they do all the time anyway), but I just love it. The colder the better (I actually love the typical british drizzly weather rather than sunny days). The only thing that bothers me at the moment is that I have to cope with allergic asthma, caused basically by rye and birch. But this is pretty usual for me at this time of the year. It luckily only lasts until early august. But I still think about doing a desensitization...

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Here.. we get slammed by Hurricanes and Tropical storms.
Always a Tornadic thunderstorm every afternoon with hail and extreme lightning.
Florida.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
The Weather Network says that it's 39 degrees here. With tinfoil on the windows, 2 fans in my room and AC in the other room, it's bearable, but that doesn't stop me from sweating myself dry and drinking liters of iced tea.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Now I can see why NASA can never land or launch a shuttle in the summer.
its been raining all day here in Florida!

Unstung

Reaction score
The high here has been about about 42 - 44 C on average, around 110 F; but humidity is lower here.