OHM WebMFD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: timelzayus

ORBITER WEB MFD by Salomon BRYSProvides an embeded web server that permits to handleMFDs on any MODERN browser.Just enable the plugin, launch orbiter and go, from another PC,to: http://<yout-ip>:8042The browser must be able to handle: * WebSockets * Motion-PNG or Motion-JPEGKnown working browsers : - Webkit based browsers like Google Chrome and Apple Safari (Uses PNG, better display - Recommanded) - Gecko based browsers like Mozilla Firefox (Uses JPEG Worse display)Any questions or contribution, feel free to e-mail me :salomon <dot> brys <at> gmail <you-know-the-rest-;)>

DOWNLOAD

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi!
Thats a great idea!

I've tested it with my htc hd2 and opera and internet explorer on it via WiFi, but without succses. I can ping my PC and the W7 Firewall is turned off but it won't work.

I also tryed it by a browser on the same pc where orbiter is runing using the "localhost" ip with port 8042 using Firefox, but it's also not working!?

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
Hmm, I can see one use for this already: OFMM Telemetry, AND for multi-user vessel control... Imagen, Having sombody pilot a vessel in orbit and another person flying the lander... if somebody makes a control MFD.

also, this could be used to teach new users how to use diffrent MFD's... with a few minor alterations of course.

I've tested it with my htc hd2 and opera and internet explorer on it via WiFi, but without succses. I can ping my PC and the W7 Firewall is turned off but it won't work.

I also tryed it by a browser on the same pc where orbiter is runing using the "localhost" ip with port 8042 using Firefox, but it's also not working!?

hmm, odd. I have Wi-Fi and anyone on or off the network can see the MFD's.

also, did you ENABLE the addon?

Last edited:

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
also, did you ENABLE the addon?

Yes! But should it work by using a browser on the same PC where Orbiter is runing also?
Do you have tested it on Windows 7?

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
I can see that a tutorial involving networks will be required to get this add-on working.

Because I followed the directions and it ain't-A-working!
Apparently other things need to be done to get this operational.
A checklist of what needs to be setup and enabled and disabled will be required.
A description of how to test and troubleshoot your network will also be needed.

Last edited:

timelzayus

Reaction score
Not really, it has to be two diferent computers.
Otherwise, each time you manipulate a MFD, you loose focus on Orbiter...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
and ... if you don't have the laptop .. a buddy of mine has been messin with this USB powered touch screen for a carputer application. This could easily be used in a cockpit mockup with this module.
Those are insanely expensive for simpit usage, given that you could easily buy an older laptop for that price, and touchscreens aren't particularly prevalent in real cockpits anyway...

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Carputer? Sorry for going off-topic (and mods please move if necessary), but this is a great beginning for a road accident. The only sensible way to do a carputer is with a HUD and voice control.

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com

I can access the addon locally... but the focus thing MIGHT be why the thing refuses to open a new MFD where one was removed.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Sorry, but either I don't undesrstand, or I don't agree.
I have two monitors connected to the same pc (1 main and 1 touch), and I usually open several external MFDs, and move them around on the touchscreen.
I indeed loose focus on Orbiter when I fiddle with them, but I don't see the problem.
I also have the "focus follows mouse" option on (Parameters Tab).

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
I think I MAY know the problem now... I have a static local IP, Meaning that It's constant over the entire network, For somebody with a dynamic local IP on a network, assessing the addon via your Internet IP will NOT work unless you have the port forwarded, witch requires a static local IP in the first place.

What I mean to say, is that people that find their IP's using a tool like this: http://www.whatsmyip.org/ will have limited sucess, as this tells you your internet IP, witch over a network, or even localy, without port forwarding is utterly useless.

This MAY explain why some people have been having trouble.

Last edited:

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
I seem to be missing a DLL or something and it doesn't work. Ill figure it out eventually I'm just wondering if say the IMFD works in the program? It would be a big help it did for long term navigation.

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
I seem to be missing a DLL or something and it doesn't work. Ill figure it out eventually I'm just wondering if say the IMFD works in the program? It would be a big help it did for long term navigation.

Ok, what DLL are you missing? I can find the SDK or Library it's from.

also, IMFD does work. ALL MFD's work, Even orbiter-radio MFD (I Think the auto-stream broke, because it was constantly playing the same Jethro Tull song over and over at the time).

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
this addon is great :) finally somthing multiplayer'ish.I have one problem though i have a dual core 3.1 ghz cpu and 1gig ram video ...and its really lagging my computer down bigtime. any way to make it run a little smoother.. im also running in windowed mode? any one else having this issue? oh and im running windows 7

Last edited:

Moonray

Reaction score
msvcr100.dll is missing. I have downloaded it via http://www.dll-files.com, installed it in Orbiter directory, but now I have a "memcpy_s" not found in msvcr100.dl.

I have Windows 7 64 bits.

Best regards

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
msvcr100.dll is missing. I have downloaded it via http://www.dll-files.com, installed it in Orbiter directory, but now I have a "memcpy_s" not found in msvcr100.dl.

I have Windows 7 64 bits.

Best regards
i had that happen on a windows xp machine at work...not sure what caused it..works on win7 at home.maybe its a c++ distribution thing. try to download this see if it works..no guarantes though i havent tryed it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
This addon is great! So I had an idea to run cameraView mfd...now only if i could see out the cockpit we would have a mission control baby! fire up the teamspeak and there you go.Thank you for this addon :thumbup:

EDIT: If you run this mfd in the browser window you can get a picture [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2645"]CameraMFD 0.12 Beta[/ame] whoo hoo! :hail:
I running it in orbiter 2010 P1 but dont turn on the camera while in the game at same time or camera will be unavailable in the browser
picture.php

---------- Post added 11-06-10 at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-05-10 at 04:58 PM ----------

If I recall correctly, msvcr100 would be the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable for 2010.
I can now verify Visual C++ redist 2010 fixed the problem on a windows xp machine :thumbup:

Last edited: