OHM WebMFD

timelzayus

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, msvcr100 would be the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable for 2010.

That's correct.
This add-on has been compiled with Visual Studio 2010 and therefore needs the VC2010 runtime.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

this addon is great :) finally somthing multiplayer'ish.I have one problem though i have a dual core 3.1 ghz cpu and 1gig ram video ...and its really lagging my computer down bigtime. any way to make it run a little smoother.. im also running in windowed mode? any one else having this issue? oh and im running windows 7

I am trying to correct this problem : http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19054

So far I haven't found any solutions...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That's correct.
This add-on has been compiled with Visual Studio 2010 and therefore needs the VC2010 runtime.
The runtime should be distributed with your addon--that's why it's called a "redistributable."

Fixerger

Reaction score
That's indeed very interesting addon. Is it possible to run on orbiter without gui and to have ability to autostart/autosave (like typical OS service)?

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I try to put any other MFD besides Orbit MFD, or even use the MFD buttons, and it does nothing except for the PWR and Add MFD buttons... either in Firefox or on my iPod's Safari browser... any idea what's the issue here?

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com

zipybug14

Reaction score
I have the same problem as Cairan, I can use the power buttons and the add mfd buttons, but all others don't work. If it helps, I get a single character '.' for each of the variable buttons. Select and Menu buttons also don't work.
Google Chrome 7.0.517.41, Debian Linux (testing)
Iceweasel (aka. Firefox) 3.5.13, Debian Linux (testing)

Orbiter and WebMFD are running on Vista.

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
I dont know about testing it in linux distro's. But I do know the "." as buttons in windows happened to me also in google chrome. a simple refresh of the page always worked for me. Also I noticed that the 3rd or 4th mfd would always need refreshing the 4th would never give the buttons.If you look at my previous post above with the screenshot you will see the 4th mfd only has "." as buttons. I think it may have to do with the lagging of the addon and or refresh rates not sure.I hope Timelzayus can fix it soon this addon has alot of potential

zipybug14

Reaction score
I hope Timelzayus can fix it soon this addon has alot of potential

Same for me. Although it causes orbiter to slow to a crawl on my system, so it certainly needs some work. I do agree about the potential, though.

timelzayus

Reaction score
I have the same problem as Cairan, I can use the power buttons and the add mfd buttons, but all others don't work. If it helps, I get a single character '.' for each of the variable buttons. Select and Menu buttons also don't work.
Google Chrome 7.0.517.41, Debian Linux (testing)
Iceweasel (aka. Firefox) 3.5.13, Debian Linux (testing)

Orbiter and WebMFD are running on Vista.

This means your browser does not handles WebSockets correctly. You should try with google chrome beta or with mozilla firefox beta.
On the IPad and IPhone, only the beta version of Safari Mobile handles the WebSockets.

Sometimes the websocket implementation is NOT stable (especially on chrome) and the socket does not work on SOME times. If the buttons do not show up after more than 10 seconds, you probably have to destroy and re-create a WebMFD.

Every thing is not really stable yet. But I am working on it

TopMoose

Reaction score
Can't connect

I just can't get it to connect. I'm running Orbiter 2010 on one pc, and using Chrome to access it via another, but all I get is a "Chrome could not connect" error. I'm guessing it might be a port forwarding issue? Any suggestions? I really want this to work.

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
I just can't get it to connect. I'm running Orbiter 2010 on one pc, and using Chrome to access it via another, but all I get is a "Chrome could not connect" error. I'm guessing it might be a port forwarding issue? Any suggestions? I really want this to work.
Check your router make sure port 8042 is open and hardware or software firewalls arent blocking the port and make sure you are typing the correct ip address. In windows goto start/run type in "cmd" then type in "ipconfig" enter your ip address followed by port number ie. XX.XX.XX.XX:8042 in that format.If you are doing it all on one computer then try 127.0.0.1:8042
good luck

Last edited:

atomicdryad

Fracking toaster
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Weird. This isn't working in 2010 and it's not a firewall/browser/network issue; the orbiter process is not opening any tcp sockets, nor do I see any helper processes.

TopMoose

Reaction score
OK, got it

I figured out my problem. I didn't realize I needed the beta version of Firefox or Chrome, AND that I needed to reenable Websockets. (You can reenable websockets in Firefox 4 beta by going to about:config and toggling network.websockets.disable-security-overide to TRUE.)

So another question. If I use an MFD remotely, any time I have to input a value, the dialog box appears in the cockpit's window, not in the remote computer's window. For example, if I open the Map in the WebMFD browser and try to change the TGT, the dialog box appears on the computer running orbiter, not the computer running the browser with WebMFD. Am I doing something wrong, or is this inherent in WebMFD?

Thanks!

[PS - even though it's still not totally stable, I think it is a solid enough module to let me do a cool project, creating a Mission Control. Reply if anyone is interested.]

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
I figured out my problem. I didn't realize I needed the beta version of Firefox or Chrome, AND that I needed to reenable Websockets. (You can reenable websockets in Firefox 4 beta by going to about:config and toggling network.websockets.disable-security-overide to TRUE.)

So another question. If I use an MFD remotely, any time I have to input a value, the dialog box appears in the cockpit's window, not in the remote computer's window. For example, if I open the Map in the WebMFD browser and try to change the TGT, the dialog box appears on the computer running orbiter, not the computer running the browser with WebMFD. Am I doing something wrong, or is this inherent in WebMFD?

Thanks!

[PS - even though it's still not totally stable, I think it is a solid enough module to let me do a cool project, creating a Mission Control. Reply if anyone is interested.]
the more stable version was fixed by face
https://github.com/Face1/Orbiter-WebMFD

fort

Reaction score
12 november 2010

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/read.php?f=3&i=74602&t=74475&page=-1#reply_74602

timelzayus
Following a critical flaw discovered and corrected by Face, a large memory leak that makes Orbiter plant after a moment, please re-download the module if you downloaded before this message. Otherwise, Orbiter is likely to crash every few minutes ...

Jim Lovell
I can not download the new version

Fast_toche
On this link it works? No?
The 2nd timelzayus given.
https://sgithub.com/SalomonBrys/Orbiter-WebMFD/commit/f24d0a836d7a98f27896eeccbcc63a3e08a63237

Jim Lovell
I've a big "Access Denied"

And by the way: as me, whatever path I take.

https://github.com/downloads/SalomonBrys/Orbiter-WebMFD/WebMFD-0.1.zip
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/SalomonBrys/Orbiter-WebMFD/WebMFD-0.1.zip

Meanwhile I read on the internet that github had recently reorganized its download section but...

So: one can nevertheless download the source and compile it. What I do not know now to do but I think I will learn.

tekinozbek

Reaction score
Poorly documented.

I get orbitersdk.h errors every time I try to compile this thing, I put that header into almost every folder I could find.

I don't know C++, and this source is useless to those who don't know how to compile Cpp sources by heart.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Basic understanding of the language is kind of required for compiling anything that doesn't come from the autoconf/automake realm...

tekinozbek

Reaction score
Absolutely, which is why you put in a little documentation for those who do now know how to compile it :) Or put an already-compiled version of it...

Now, where am I supposed to place the source? I had to put it into the orbitersdk folder. I need to know where to put orbitersdk.h file. It's in include folder but doesn't work.