Question What are you reading?

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Just finished Gravity's Rainbow (amazing writing). I'm gonna read Dracula and V., then try Gravity's Rainbow again.

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I finally read Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (been meaning to for years).
I've moved onto Jim Lovell's book: Lost Moon.

Hmuda

Reaction score
Finished Lem's His Master's Voice earlier and now reading Tales of Pirx the Pilot. It's a collection of short stories, revolving around a single character, Pirx.

So far I read The Test, On Patrol, The Albatross, and Terminus. This last one was especially interesting and heartbreakingly sad in the end.

.-.. --- ... -
Reaction score
im currently rading a brief history of the Royal Air Force AP3003, and by brief it means 380 pages of text and a few colourful pictures (though most are black and white) and all beaces i want to read it!

Hmuda

Reaction score
As I was reading the Pirx series from Lem, I decided to check it out on the net in more detail, to get some background info. I came accross a Hungarian TV serialization of the books.

It's worth a look just to get a grasp on what the lowest budget sci-fi was like in the communits era of Eastern Europe.:rofl:

A trailer, parodizing some aspect, like a cheezy effects and subpar acting. Just disregard the occasional texts that appear on the screen and the Chewie roar at the end, :)

Actual footage.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rx--LwFy6c"]YouTube - Pirx nem fogadja el a fuvart[/ame]

Kurt M. Weber

Reaction score
So many of you people are so uncultured, reading trash with no literary value.

Right now, I'm reading August 1914; recently, I've finished Peyton Place, The Good Earth, A Prayer for Owen Meany, Resurrection, and East of Eden.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Right now, I'm reading August 1914; recently, I've finished Peyton Place, The Good Earth, A Prayer for Owen Meany, Resurrection, and East of Eden.

No, but are just open for new books. :rofl:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Right now I'm reading The Killing of the Smug or The Sublime Art Of Double Tapping Arrogant People Through Their Center Of Mass For Fun And Profit, written by me 10 years from now.

You-Rock.gif

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
Loved "Farenheit 451", currently working on "Atlas Shrugged", and have read the Bible, yes, the entire thing. Not an easy task. Have read most of the Asimov best of Sci-Fi magazine collections, and recently finished "The Sirens of Titan" by Vonnegut. Vonnegut's "Welcome to the Monkey House" short story collection is awesome as well. One of my favorites of all time is "This Perfect Day" by Ira Levin

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
currently working on "Atlas Shrugged",

I enjoyed that a lot after a female engineer friend (figures) told me I should read it. Funny thing is she's basically a punk rocker who decided one day to be an engineer.

Rand is tough to swallow in big bites. AS has some looooong speeches in it which took me days to get through, but I had already read some of her essays so I knew what it was all about.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
I'm nearing the end of the last story in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. I'm surprised how the guy managed to make it even more fascinating than everything before.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
A warning about 'The Dark Tower", King will give you an opportunity to stop reading, and take the story as finished at that point, or keep reading... I wish I'd stopped.
I'm reading "The Winds of Dune", it takes place shortly after Paul wanders out into the desert.

Hmuda

Reaction score
A warning about 'The Dark Tower", King will give you an opportunity to stop reading, and take the story as finished at that point, or keep reading... I wish I'd stopped.
I'm glad I finished it. Kinda made me happy that (SPOILER) he got another chance to make things better than before.

Wasn't what I expected, and it was a bit of a letdown, but the outcome was ok.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Ka it is... I think I read "The Gunslinger" in '87, and I was hooked at the very start. I was so glad that he finally finished the series. But then again, Dark House, Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis, etc. All tied into the series.

Graham2001

Reaction score
I've just finished reading Black Alert as part of my ongoing research for wikipdia's 'List of Fictional Astronauts'.

Not what I'd class as recommended reading, though the cover which purports to show the crash of a nuclear armed Russian space station into London is worth a laugh. I've attached a scan and challenge anyone to guess what the artist used for inspiration....

Attachments

• BlackAlert.jpg
    BlackAlert.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 23