Question What are you reading?

Fozzy

- Endeavour Crew -
Reaction score
ellen-ochoa-astronaut-inventor-anne-schraff-book-cover-art.jpg

Also been reading this, I recommend.

You can purchase it online for only 28$.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Hunt for Red October, by Tom Clancy.

RedOctoberPB.jpg

Scruce (If he happens to look at this post) : Im not reading them in a particular order, im just reading the ones that are available to me.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Posting pictures of the covers?

What have I started?

Tychonaut

Underexpanded
Donator
Reaction score
Truth, Lies, and O-Rings: Inside the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster by Allan J. McDonald with James R. Hansen.

McDonald was a Thiokol engineer and manager who opposed the Challenger launch and was a key player in exposing what went wrong in both the SRB engineering and launch decision making. Highly recommended for those who would like a greater understanding of events surrounding this tragedy.
Note the publication date on the page above is 2012, but it was originally released in 2009.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
A Dance with Dragons, by George R. R. Martin. You know, with most books when you get 450 pages read, you're finished with them. I still have a long way to go...

It's a good series though.

Melvin

Reaction score
Sea of Glory: America's Voyage of Discovery, The U.S. Exploring Expedition 1838-1842 By: Nathaniel Philbrick

A very good read in my opinion. Unfortunately most of the scientific info gleaned from the expedition was overlooked, as the book quickly became nothing more than a tirade against the Expedition's Commander Lt. Wilkes.

I would still recommend it to anyone interested in exploration or early American Naval history.

:salute:

Graham2001

Reaction score
Robert A Heinleins take on 'Kim'

A Citizen of the Galaxy

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I'm reading Robots of Dawn, by Issac Asimov. Just finished the Foundation Series a few months ago and started reading the robot series. Moving onto Empire series next. Always heard about these books so decided to read them! :thumbup:

Krikkit

Reaction score
So I just finished Phillip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

do-androids-dream-of-electric-sheep.jpg

In all honesty I was rather disappointed upon finishing it. Especially considering Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies, and I really enjoyed reading Dick's The Man in the High Castle late last year. It ended up reading more like pulp scifi, cheep, mildly interesting, and short (I went through it in about two weeks of scattered reading waiting for the rain to stop so I could walk home).

Maybe it will be one of those books that I won't understand until after months of contemplation. But as for now it left me wanting. I thought so much more could have been done with the concept. The characters were underdeveloped and I found myself unable to feel through them, which is required for the book to have an effect.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Currently reading "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes", it was free on iBooks so why the hell not? :lol:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
At the moment, I'm reading Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

'Nuff said.

Graham2001

Reaction score
Challenge of the Stars by Patrick Moore & David Hardy.

A book where you get to see what NASA could have done had they been given the chance.

Keatah

Reaction score
The DESCANSO files - Deep Space Communications and Navigation Systems. Engineering summaries, block diagrams, and theory of ops - all about the telecom sub-systems for interplanetary missions like voyager/mariner, galileo, and cassini. http://descanso.jpl.nasa.gov/DPSummary/summary.cfm?force_external=0

And then next on the list is stuff on KMS and MAK anti-piracy technologies for Microsoft products.

Ark

Reaction score
Started in on Contact by Carl Sagan, but will likely get sidetracked by Snow Crash and a couple of Rouge Squadron novels I picked up today.