When we humans prove to be non intelligent...

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
A few days ago I was excited about my progress with Space Orbinomics.
I was excited and wrote from my corporate email instead of writing from my personal email.
That violates the rules of the company and I got preached today...
I think sometimes we humans (or just me like a human) prove to be less intelligent than what is supposed to be... :sorry::sorry::sorry:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
A Person is extremely smart, but people are dumb.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Rule #1: Don't use company resources for your hobby.
Rule #2: Don't get caught when you violate Rule #1.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Rule 4: Do not be as stupid as I was. :sorry::sorry:

As long as you still have your job, this rule does not apply.

Also, I can really recommend you to take Rule #3 serious. I even posted in the old orbiter forum by using my smart phone once. A cheap and powerful investment.

If the new forum would not be so script-heavy, I would use my smart phone more often for reading it.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I do not like to make mistakes...
I already apologized for the inconvenience.
I must have been asleep when I did that.

EDIT> Tomorrow I must face my boss... :sorry:

EDIT> Today I faced my boss. I think I will be on probation for the next 5 to 50 years... not because he wants.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I used to browse the space news forum from work until they changed the security filters. Now Tex's website is blocked. :-(

mrspacely

Reaction score
assume no matter where you are on any computer, if you are logged into the net, someone is watching/tracking your every move. that is always a good mental deterrent to keep you from ever going somewhere you dont want people to know about

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not worried about surfing space news forums at work. It's really not agianst the rules; looking at tech news is rather encouraged. But the filters they employ are just stupid programs that don't know any better.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I found that I am in probation because some career minded person is deforming facts and turning it into a circus.
I decided to take a drastic action: to return good instead of evil.
I do not need to seize any brand or company name, as someone pretended to show.
I am my own brand, and my tool is my effort.

I came to M6 forums and I changed it.
I always CHANGE THE WORLD and it is not a slogan, I am used to do that and I always do that. It is stronger than me.
I am certain that I will change the company.
There is enough evil around in the world, it is time to bring some good.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
There is enough evil around in the world, it is time to bring some good.

Now now, why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face!

large_batman-the-joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
It is serious because I send a copy of the email to a friend at the embassy.
He likes the idea of Space Orbinomics because he cares about environment.
But for company people they see "email from company to embassy" so I guess they probably got scared and overreacted, but certainly it became a colliseum show for me at the company.

I can tell you that there is nothing wrong about the email and I am not claiming to represent the company. One thing is to apologize for sending an email, and another is to have me in the company airlock, ready to be jettisoned for supposedly claiming to represent company. I do not need the freaking company to make myself noticed. If I wanted to be noticed I have plenty of elements to do so without using their freaking company brand or name, which I have not done.

Sorry about my words but I am not in one of my best days.

They are being unfair, but I do not care.
Time will show who is who, and what I want.
I want this game to be ready and with or without job I will finish it.
The company was getting a benefit from my projects, and not the opposite.
They used me to inspire other employees to work for their communities and that is good for their marketing.
I did not start to do stuff for Orbiter to please them.
It is the product of spending my spare time at home.
One lesson learned, have your projects, and do not let any company to seize your effort.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
operative01.jpg

We're making a better world. All of them better worlds.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
The funny thing about "violation of company rules" after I supposedly "benefited from company assets and spoke in the name of the company" is the following.

Those who I sent information were people from an NGO and a friend from an embassy who is interested about environmental matters. I met people from NGO (not the one I mentioned in other thread) at the company during a training and I got their business cards and they asked for info about Space Orbinomics for it seemed interesting to them.

So I sent additional info on Space Orbinomics to them. What gain do I have if I write to a friend updating things on a project he knows about? What gain do I have if I was sending them the info that I agreed to send? When I talked about this matter and got their business cards I was in front of the person who denounced me.

So if they judge "email from ... to... " without knowing the rest of details, they might believe the wrong thing. The person who escalated the case if the boss of the person who denounced it. I can see fear in their actions and therefore I apologize. It was a stupid mistake, but I GOT NO BENEFIT from any freaking emails... That makes my mistake really stupid.

The only gain I could ever have for mixing my projects with the company would be internal good press. But I got closer to the exit door. This is how companies value your effort.

Sometimes I feel like working for a third world company. It advertises itself as a great place to work.

I won't say anything at the company about this injustice. It would be like non prudent like saying "bomb" in front of an Air Marshall. When people feel fear their actions are irrational.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It is the same in my country, which hardly counts as third world. If you use your company emails for hobby activities, you are outside what is allowed. Companies can tolerate it, but by the law, they have all right to punish or fire you.

Why is simple: You make it look like the company endorses your hobby. And that you are paid for your hobby. Not a sign of respecting your company (just like your post, BTW, if you don't like your job, quit and get a better one)

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.