garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Bloodworth, How exactly are you transferring the crew as I've never had an issue with it - even with UMMUAFA ships

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
Actually, I just tried to transfer a crew from the xr2 to the arrow and instead of transferring, the crew became a group of nondistinct points floating in space. I could control them but they could not enter the ship, and were not even designated as the transferred crew members. They could not be seen from the outside, but if I went into cockpit mode I could seee from inside the suit (they SHOULD have gone in through the airlock.

I've had this issue with every vessel except the DVIV which has specific controlls to transfer the crew. The same goes with transferring crew FROM the arrow to anything but the dgiv.

This may have something to do with the fact that the new DGIV (2.0) and the Arrow use UMMU 2.0. Many of the older vessels (such as the XR series) are based on UMMU 1.5. Dan included a program (in the Orbiter\Utils folder) to patch existing dlls to the 2.0 standard. I have patched my XR2 dll with this program and I've not had any problem transferring crew to or from the Arrow with the XR2.

I should point out that I'm uncertain if Dan's patcher did any damage to the other functionality of the XR2. I've not noted anything that seems borked. However, I've also not put the XR2 through it's paces since it was patched.

Edit: Should be noted that I don't remember having issues transferring before UMMU 2.0 came out...but that's been long enough ago that I've likely forgotten...

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I should point out that I'm uncertain if Dan's patcher did any damage to the other functionality of the XR2. I've not noted anything that seems borked. However, I've also not put the XR2 through it's paces since it was patched.

Nope, there was a bug with an earlier version of the patcher but that was found and sorted out very quickly. I know as I was one of the testers for the patcher and made sure I tested it with the XR-2.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Bloodworth, How exactly are you transferring the crew as I've never had an issue with it - even with UMMUAFA ships

All I did was to dock the xr-2 into the arrow's docking bay, open the forward airlock, select the crew and hit eva. I get a message saying that the crew has transferred to the docked vessel but they do not actually go there. The same thing happens in reverse. While on the arrow, I go to the crew selection screen, select the crew and hit "transfer" and get a message saying that the selected crew has been transferred to the docked vessel. In both cases the crew gets ejected through the awaiting ship to end up as the aforementioned points in space. This happens with any vessel except the dgiv. I can eva the crew and transfer them one by one through the eva airlock but not through the docking hatch. Only the dgiv seems to have that capability. I'm using ummu 2.0 and have run the patch as well.

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
It sounds like you may not have installed something properly, or that something got corrupted. I'd suggest trying it on a clean Orbiter install.

Edit: Time to address the thread topic... So... Doug, Coolhand... How's the Mk II coming?

Last edited:

White Wolf

Reaction score
NICE! now that i have seen it on the ground it looks good. I think the angle and the deployed radiators gave me the illusion of shortness.

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
One question; how would a pool table work in microgravity? :p

I have a couple guesses. One would be a 2-dimensional version, where the pool table's surface is actually a large flat panel display, showing the pool balls and imitating the physics of a real pool table.

The other, more distant-future version would be a 3-d holographic display, sort of like the little monster chess game shown in Star Wars, but with holographic pool balls on an ordinary-looking table.

In either case, I'd use actual pool cues with special sensor tips. The virtual pool balls would only react when struck with the special cues. Sort of like drawing with a Wacom tablet.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
I have a couple guesses. One would be a 2-dimensional version, where the pool table's surface is actually a large flat panel display, showing the pool balls and imitating the physics of a real pool table.

Why go through all that trouble? just engage the hover engines for the gravity(watch out when you are so off course though)

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
Coolhand, I'm just curious why you decided to remove the wingtips that were present on the Mk. I (the entire section of wing beyond the elevons) from the Mk. II. I liked those wingtips, they gave the ship character...

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Travis Reed, I think there was a discussion in this thread about the wing tips, but i cant go though the hole lot finding it at the moment.

From post 848 page 22

Last edited:

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I guess that also works if you're a fan of Starwars, or even the Bible.

Here are some new cargo bay details and textures, which are now made from scratch and have a totally different style. The bay is still the same size as mk1...but there are now 8 PBD's instead of 6. i might put some windows through to the passenger cabin too. also lots of modelling and texture mapping tweaks, too many to list.

Attachments

• MkII_38 copy.jpg
    MkII_38 copy.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 303

Ark

Reaction score
Here are some new cargo bay details and textures, which are now made from scratch and have a totally different style. The bay is still the same size as mk1...but there are now 8 PBD's instead of 6. i might put some windows through to the passenger cabin too. also lots of modelling and texture mapping tweaks, too many to list.

Windows to the passenger cabin would be cool, a nice way to sew it all together and give people something to look at when they wander around the cabin with the firstperson module.

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
Coolhand, could we get some renders from other angles (top, and one from the front, slightly off to one side and up)?

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
if you go back through the thread, there are plenty of renders of different angles of the mk2.

A little work on a new airbrake its unfinished so i've left it mostly in shadow;) i was going to make split rudders, but at the moment i prefer this, a little bit like an f-14's airbrake. We should be able to show the actuators working here to push it up, and hopefully the landing gear will all work properly in the sim, including as doug reassures me, compressible landing gear. swish.

Attachments

• MkII_39.jpg
    MkII_39.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 524

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Looks tasty, like a moist piece of chocolate cake! :D
Nice work!

The inside of the cargo doors look like solar panels/radiators. Do they have some functions with the internal systems?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
No, the radiators are extended forward from the vertical stabilizers, and there are no solar panels on the XRs.

Keatah

Reaction score
The blueish regular rectangle pattern looks exactly like a solar panel. Perhaps that could be changed? OR maybe you could make them act as a form of aux electrical supply or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.