Problem XR2 sinks through landing pad after touchdown

Marijn

Reaction score
Hello all,

When I launch from Earth and land on a landing pad at Brighton Beach, the vessel (XR2) sinks through the floor all the way until below the surface level. So it seems there is a problem with the terrain and elevation.

When I launch a scenario which starts on Brighton Beach, I can fly around and land again on the pad without any problem.

Another issue I am having, which might be related:

I downloaded the hi-res texture and elevation files for the moon. After renaming them, the terrain was actually a lot less impressive than the default textures. The mountain range on the north west side wasn't very high at all. Just some shallow hills. So I switched back to the default textures.

Any ideas on what's going on with my Orbiter 2016 installation?

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Why did you rename them? As far as I can recall, you just copy them over the low-res ones.

Marijn

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on that. I renamed the default files in order to keep them in the same folder alongside the hires files. Then I deleted the hires files afterwards because the result wasn't what I was expecting and therfore renamed the original files back to their orginal names.

I just made another landing on Brighton Beach. The vessel sinks completely below the surface and doesn't come to a full horizontal stop. So I can't refuel either.

When I launch the 'Landed at Brighton Beach' scenario, I can take off and land normally on the pad, so the textures and elevation files seem fine.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have the same problem. But when I start a scenario where the xr2 is landed it's ok first, but when I activate the hover engine, climb one meter and deactivate the hover engine, the xr2 is sinking again...

Marijn

Reaction score
I have the same problem. But when I start a scenario where the xr2 is landed it's ok first, but when I activate the hover engine, climb one meter and deactivate the hover engine, the xr2 is sinking again...

That's strange. I can hover up to 100 meters and land again normally on the pad. But when I launch from earth, the XR2 sinks through the landing pad.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
After downloading and installing the high resolution package for the moon the issue seems to be solved on my installation...