Problem XR2 XR5 CTD after loading save game

eldorim

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a problem with the XR2 Ravenstar and XR5 Vanguard.

I started the Scenario "Ready for Takeoff to ISS" with the XR2. After saving my game I neither cannot load my quicksave game nore any scenario, where these both ship types occur.
The game crashes to desktop.
If I start the game paused, it stays stable until i unpause it.
If I set time warp to 0.1x then the game crashes later in real time.
Any other scenario without these ships starts without problems. Even, if I put in the XR2 or XR5 into the game with the scenario editor.

Error Log looks clean to me, but I attach it nontheless. Maybe you can find something.
Are the any other files, worth a look?

Thanks for your help.

Edit:

I Found a Workaround:
Start another scenario without an XR2 or XR5
Put an XR2 into the game.
Leave the game
Load your savegame.

Attachments

• Orbiter1.txt
    63.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The first thing I would do is test in a clean Orbiter 2016 installation with just the XR vessels and XRSound. If you can duplicate the CTD in that configuration, please paste the scenario file. Otherwise, you can continue testing by installing one additional add-on a time, testing each time, until the CTD occurs. That should pin down the problem add-on.

eldorim

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
It seems to happen, if I switch from external display to the internal laptop display in window mode. Does not happen in full screen.
And it's not really a CTD, the window may be moved outside of the screen

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I find similar if I plug in my second monitor while Orbiter is running, confuses the video card. It seems to be running minimized, I can hear the sound, but no video, icon is on the taskbar, but no video. If I Ctrl-Q, it shuts down OK to the launchpad. Getting the same thing with the XR pack, getting XR2 parsing errors, I’ll have to delete those files and unpack them again.

Cougar

Reaction score
Hey there!
Any News in the Problem?
I encounter the same. Happens to me without changing anything. Suddenly Orbiter video disappears and Orbiter closes to the taskbar. Sound ist still to hear but if you click on the taskbar symbol the video screen dies mit open. Happens to me even in a brand new Installation with no modules activated.
Any suggestions?