Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Monday, May 27, 2024. Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

Orbiter Processing Facility #5.

SDO-201_in_OPF5.JPG
Pictured: Enterprise is suspended by heavy crane in OPF-5. Nose gear assembly has been temporary-installed.

SDO-201 'Enterprise' has been safely docked at Edwards AFB's Orbiter Processing Facility #5.

Chronology:

3/22/24: While all of the logistical concerns were addressed, work continued to assess damage to Enterprise in-situ while the vessel was rendered into a zero-energy state. This included the removal and safetying of all propellants, pressurized fluids and gases and lockouts of the vessel's electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Assigned to the work were roughly three hundred mechanics and inspectors (most of whom were recalled from their previous project involving Constitution's heavy check OMDP), the scope of the assessment was to determine whether Enterprise could be safely moved either in one piece or disassembled to OPF-5.
3/23/24: A heavy-duty crane was delivered in order to hoist Enterprise onto a vehicle suitable for safely transporting her to OPF-5. Work began to lift Enterprise onto the transport vehicle. Additionally, the crew of SEP-021 were released from medical care. Injuries reported and treated were considered light.
3/27/24: Over the next three days, work continued to transport Enterprise to OPF-5 while parts identified as required were robbed from SDO-202 such as the main landing gear assemblies, structural components, and thermal protection plates. This work involved two 12-hour shifts, and three 8-hr/8-hr/10-hr shifts working around the clock.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You should really get a simple ferry mesh there, it would really make the port look much better than just the flat image.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Thanks. I'm not good in mesh making for now, I started learning that recently. This time I'm going to continue studying the vessel making. And I have to finish my another project of tiles of a big island for Orbiter.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thanks. I'm not good in mesh making for now, I started learning that recently. This time I'm going to continue studying the vessel making. And I have to finish my another project of tiles of a big island for Orbiter.

No problem, that is your project after all. :) It doesn't even need to be a great mesh, think more about MSFS4 there. But it would turn a place, that looks really flat (ocean), into a part of a 3D world, and that is why I suggested it. You need visual references especially at shore lines.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Thank you, of course, it's a great idea to add meshes to the tiles. I think I will try to make meshes later. I completely agree with you ;)

gamer19

Reaction score
orbiter-2022-03-11-00-55-46-444-B.jpg

last flight

orbiter-2024-03-25-00-28-58-791-B.jpg

arrival

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
Monday, July 15, 2024.

SDO-201_in_OPF5_7_15_24.JPG
Pictured: SDO-201 'Enterprise' is berthed in OPF-5.

Update:

After spending the last fifty days in OPF-5 suspended first by crane and then by jacks, a down-jacking ceremony was concluded at 08:00 local time. This milestone, which occurred well ahead of schedule, marks the first time since the incident that Enterprise is able to stand on her own.

Work on Enterprise has included:
  • Restoration of structural integrity. This included replacement of 15 frame rail segments between FR 50 and 175 and stringers from 40L/40R to 27L/27R.
  • Mounting of the thermal protection plates procured from the construction of SDO-202, as well as the left and right main landing gear assemblies and hydraulic components thereof.
There are limited plans on flying Enterprise in work. They include:
  • A recertification flight.
  • An official start to the Satellite Retrieval Program.
  • A mission to the International Lunar Outpost.

Last edited: