Gaming 0x10c

Jarvitä

Reaction score
GbjPy.png

So much for "not an autism-enabling time-waster like Minecraft".

EDIT: Comprehensive review/criticism of the DCPU-16: http://fail0verflow.com/blog/2012/dcpu-16-review.html

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this basically Notch's version of the people who sometimes show up here on the forum with grand claims of addon projects that never materialize?

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this basically Notch's version of the people who sometimes show up here on the forum with grand claims of addon projects that never materialize?

Heh, nearly every big thing he announces ends up like that :facepalm:

Pablo49

Reaction score
So much for "not an autism-enabling time-waster like Minecraft".[/URL]

Since when does focusing on fun gameplay mean "autism-enabling time-waster"? Why does it have to be hard scifi for it to be a valid game? Who cares if it gets a bit handwavian if it makes the game more enjoyable? I'd rather some bits get cut if it keeps the game playable and fun.

webtek

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I agree. Notch seems to be trying to find the balance between realism and fun gameplay. I am not mad that he is deviating from hard science fiction. I do want to program that computer, though. :)

Travis Reed

Unstable
Reaction score
I wish to apologize for posting a separate thread on this. For whatever reason, a search for "0x10c" (no quotes) returned zero results, and I didn't see this thread on the first two pages of this subforum.