2014 World Cup

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah they are playing what I would expect Colombia or Chile to play if they are in Group D, but not Costa Rica....regardless somehow I still think the Italians can still at least level in the next 10 minutes. :tiphat:

I think you are wrong. The old rule of football applies:

First you play bad and then you also get bad luck.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Well, with Italy's loss, England has been eliminated from contention.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
So which favorites are going out next? After shocking losses with Spain, England, Portugal, it seems that many of the others seems to have problems of their own....

Brazil: Non-cohesive defense, mid-fielders forced to play at wings weakening attacking force (see e.g. vs Mexico)
Netherlands: Can't quite handle brute ball-chasing in mid-field and nearly cost them against Australia
Uruguay: Partly weak defence and has to rely on a few players to do well (see the match against Costa Rica)
Argentina: Rather weak defence line and was mostly out of ideas against Bosnia
Belgium: Mostly failed to keep cohesive attacking strategies and narrowly scraped through Algeria

Only France and Germany has not fallen down. Yet. Who knows what will happen today and tomorrow...... :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Only France and Germany has not fallen down. Yet. Who knows what will happen today and tomorrow...... :p

France will get neutralized by switzerland and Germany will win 1:0 against Ghana, afterwards the Boateng (semi-)brothers will be friends again. :lol:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Ouch. Down 3-0 before halftime...

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That's it. England are done for.

England were eliminated at the group stage of the Fifa World Cup for the first time since 1958 as Italy lost 1-0 to Costa Rica in Recife.
It is the first time the national side have been knocked out after just two matches, with Roy Hodgson's side beaten by Group D rivals Italy and Uruguay.

England have another game to play which they'll probably win because there isn't any pressure on them and then they'll come home. I'm sure that in a few weeks time we'll see Roy Hodgson kicked out.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Alright, I'm getting 2010 flashbacks. Everyone plays badly, nobody of the favorites seems to go well except for Germany and...whoops, they've lost as well.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, maybe that French team everyone is talking about in my country might not be that bad after all.
France 5 - 2 Swiss!

thor36

Reaction score
Awesome performance by Costa Rica, they are really impressive.

Do results in games of France put them in a role of a candidate to get far in this tournament ? Or was it just poor Honduras and very very strange game by Swiss ?

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Awesome performance by Costa Rica, they are really impressive.

Do results in games of France put them in a role of a candidate to get far in this tournament ? Or was it just poor Honduras and very very strange game by Swiss ?
I'm not into sports to really tell, and the medias here do not help: before entering the World Cup, the medias were like "Uh, they won't get far" and now that they both won against Honduras and Swiss media's like "They're gonna be the winners of the World Cup !"

So I cannot say anything. But we are not going to get as far as we would have done if Ribéry was within the team.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Switzerland hasn't made it beond the group stages since forever. I'm not expecting anything from Switzerland at any soccer championship ever.

Floorball, now that's an entirely different matter. We can mess with the best there. But nobody seems to care... :shifty:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Switzerland hasn't made it beond the group stages since forever.

Someone's forgetting the awesome penalty saving by the Ukrainian goalkeeper in 2006. In fact Switzerland got out of the tournament without having lost a game.

Germany continues the tale of the harder second game. Currently I'd say both teams have a chance of winning.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And Klose strikes again :) And this time with somersault again :cool:

thor36

Reaction score
Oh dear, terrible mistake by referee against Bosnia. Džeko was a meter on side, but his goal was disallowed :facepalm: Where do they find these coca-cola / mickey mouse league referees for the biggest football / sports event in the world ?

I don't doubt Bosnia will pull a win though. Germany - Ghana 2nd half was awesome to watch =))

Edit : not looking good for Bosnia anymore

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nigeria wins over Bosnia through superior stamina and a blind lineref... :shrug: