2014 World Cup

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Awful goal to allow.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

That should have been Bradley's goal.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Most frustrating game I've seen thus far.

MattBaker

Reaction score
4th in the FIFA World Rankings? Feels more like 40th today. Another possible favorite who gets outclassed by an assumed underdog...

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
GOAL!!!

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

No!!!

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Frankly, Portugal didn't deserve that tie.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Oh well unless USA loses against Germany AND Ghana or Portugal wins (and then one need to count on the goal difference - which doesn't bode well with Portugal anyway), the USA are going through....

Frankly, Portugal didn't deserve that tie.

Not quite, if you consider that the USA defense made quite a few mistakes....

MattBaker

Reaction score
Oh well unless USA loses against Germany AND Ghana or Portugal wins (and then one need to count on the goal difference - which doesn't bode well with Portugal anyway), the USA are going through....

I wouldn't be so sure. If Germany wins against the US by two goals and Ghana wins by one goal against Portugal, which both seem like possible scenarios after the first two games, the US is out.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'll have to find another team to support if we score to many goals and kick the US out... we're most likely first or second anyway, even if we loose....

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Truly the most devastating draw I've witnessed.

thor36

Reaction score
What a game that was by USA, congratulations for the performance. I have no idea what's up with Portugal. Their team isn't really as badass quality as one would expect. The edge they could have - Ronaldo - was totally out of shape. So good job by USA to take advantage of that and make it happen.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Too bad Germany couldn't beat Ghana earlier, or the US would already be locked up for the next round.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Too bad Germany couldn't beat Ghana earlier, or the US would already be locked up for the next round.

Well, technically they wouldn't be. But practically Portugal would have to gain five goals on the US so unless both Portugal and Germany would have pulled of high victories in their last matches...Wait, Portugal has to pull of a victory? Alright, nevermind.