Problem 2016 Orbiter Flight Simulator Launch Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
As I mentioned before; I've Orbiter 2010 running fantastic on a 10+ year old XP machine using D3D9 client. And Orbiter 2016 runs better on my 3 year old laptop than 2010 does. And 1026 runs wonderful on my desktop that I got last year.

It appears most of this thread is just asking us to validate your need for a "newer, more advanced, and more sophisticated computer system" because your current own "personal computer system is already old, obsolete, and outdated".

If that is the case, by all means; get a "newer, more advanced, and more sophisticated computer system". But there is a version of Orbiter that will run perfectly fine on just about any system out there. If you want to run Tomb Raider with all the graphics turned up, or Rage, Call of Duty or any of the latest games out there, then yes, perhaps your own personal computer system is "old, obsolete, and outdated".

Keep in mind though when purchasing newer, more advanced equipment; if it's on the market, it's already mostly outdated and will be obsolete in under 18 months. That pretty much describes all electronic devices.

Last edited:

Outerspace

Reaction score
So...tell us about your experience with D3D9, did you like it?

I do like D3D9, it is definitely better than the standard version of Orbiter Flight Simulator.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Maybe you need new glasses. :hmm:

I just changed new glasses recently.

Outerspace

Reaction score
We always have to upgrade our computer hardware, equipment, and technology every now and then, in order to keep up with the newest and latest trends.

The old technologies either get thrown away and/ or recycled, and eventually gets replaced with new technologies that are invented.

Anyway, all technologies in the world will consequently get worn out through prolonged daily usage, and it will reach a point where they are completely broken down and can no longer be used anymore.

That is a fact that nobody can deny and argue with.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh ! so your here for an argument. The full half hour, or just the five minute ?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Its not an argument, its just contradiction.

N.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No it isn't !

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
We always have to upgrade our computer hardware, equipment, and technology every now and then, in order to keep up with the newest and latest trends...
Meanwhile, do you also use your computer, or you just stare at its continuous unstoppable inevitable undeniable obsolescence?
C'mon, we got your point!

Or are you just trolling 'round?

Outerspace

Reaction score
Meanwhile, do you also use your computer, or you just stare at its continuous unstoppable inevitable undeniable obsolescence?
C'mon, we got your point!

Or are you just trolling 'round?

Ripley, I use my computer EVERY SINGLE DAY!

I do not just stare at it!

I'm definitely NOT trolling around either!

Maybe because of my heavy daily frequent usage of my computer system, that is why it breaks down much more quickly compared to someone else who hardly or rarely uses their computer at all.

It goes without saying that any product that is subjected to a lot of usage on a daily basis will certainly wear out much sooner than any product that is not used or seldom used.

I only just bought my computer a few years ago, and it has already shown signs of technical problems.

I think most people do use their computer everyday, either for school and/ or work - we just cannot live without a computer nowadays.

It has become an indispensable part of our lives. :thumbup:

Outerspace

Reaction score

It seems that modern day technology is evolving at a much FASTER rate of speed than is indicated by Moore's Law!

I see SO MANY video reviews of NEW technological devices by done by professional consumer products reviewers on YouTube SO OFTEN!

This means that new technologies/ inventions/ gadgets/ products are being designed, created, developed, and manufactured by many different companies/ people from all over the world ALL THE TIME!

We are being literally flooded with TONS of NEW technological products so frequently!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Yes. We know.
Planned obsolescence notwithstanding, you did managed to get Orbiter to work in a satisfactory manner?

Outerspace

Reaction score
Yes. We know.
Planned obsolescence notwithstanding, you did managed to get Orbiter to work in a satisfactory manner?

Yes, I did manage to get Orbiter to work in a satisfactory manner.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the other new computer games that I bought recently.

I'm not able to run any brand new computer games very fast and very well.

This is mainly because any brand new computer games are very resource-intensive and resource-demanding - they require a high-end super powerful computer system in order to be run without a hitch.

I'm willing to pay good money for a top-notch computing machine that will run any very demanding computer game very fast.

I do not like to play any computer game that is very laggy, and which has a very low frame rate and low-quality video graphics and audio.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, I did manage to get Orbiter to work in a satisfactory manner.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the other new computer games that I bought recently.

I'm not able to run any brand new computer games very fast and very well.

This is mainly because any brand new computer games are very resource-intensive and resource-demanding - they require a high-end super powerful computer system in order to be run without a hitch.

I'm willing to pay good money for a top-notch computing machine that will run any very demanding computer game very fast.

I do not like to play any computer game that is very laggy, and which has a very low frame rate and low-quality video graphics and audio.

The good news is if you like space simulation (and not only gaming) Orbiter is what you need and AFAIK there is no better or more realistic space sim out there so far.
So don’t blame your machine too much and enjoy this sim :thumbup:

Outerspace

Reaction score
The good news is if you like space simulation (and not only gaming) Orbiter is what you need and AFAIK there is no better or more realistic space sim out there so far.
So don’t blame your machine too much and enjoy this sim :thumbup:

I do like any space simulator software programs, including Orbiter Flight Simulator.

I do not agree with you that there are "no better or more realistic space sim out there so far".

Have you heard of the new Star Citizen space simulator game?

In fact, there is a very long list of space simulator games available in the market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_space_flight_simulator_games

I do blame my own computer system for not being able to display the graphics settings in Orbiter Flight Simulator and in any other modern video game at the highest levels, and with all the additional graphics special effects turned on, as it is not able to handle such demanding video resolution settings at such high levels, without either freezing up and/ or suddenly crashing after start-up.

That is why I want to upgrade my own computer system to a much better one, in order to run any new video game much more easily and much more quickly.

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I do like any space simulator software programs, including Orbiter Flight Simulator.

I do not agree with you that there are "no better or more realistic space sim out there so far".

Have you heard of the new Star Citizen space simulator game?

Star Citizen E3 2018 Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

How about Elite Dangerous?

Elite Dangerous Trailer - YouTube

In fact, there is a very long list of space simulator games available in the market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_space_flight_simulator_games

I do blame my own computer system for not being able to display the graphics settings in Orbiter Flight Simulator and in any other modern video game at the highest levels, and with all the additional graphics special effects turned on, as it is not able to handle such demanding video resolution settings at such high levels, without either freezing up and/ or suddenly crashing after start-up.

That is why I want to upgrade my own computer system to a much better one, in order to run any new video game much more easily and much more quickly.

I never played either one of them. I might be wrong here but I assume they are space games more then sims. Are real orbital mechanics simulated there? Can you simulate any real space mission (Apollo, Soyuz, Shuttle, etc)?....
If the answrs are NO then I would not call them simulators but rather games.

Outerspace

Reaction score
I never played either one of them. I might be wrong here but I assume they are space games more then sims. Are real orbital mechanics simulated there? Can you simulate any real space mission (Apollo, Soyuz, Shuttle, etc)?....
If the answrs are NO then I would not call them simulators but rather games.

A space simulator does not need to simulate any actual real space missions in order to be called a simulator.

Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous do simulate highly advanced and highly sophisticated spaceships in great detail and very realistically in an extremely immersive space environment.

When I watched the demo videos of these two brand new space sims, I was very impressed with their extremely detailed depictions of space and their respective spacecrafts.

I just could not believe that modern computer technology is able to replicate spaceflights in such graphically realistic ways...

On the other hand, if you are looking for a bone fide space simulator, I found one on Steam - it is called Space Simulator.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/529060/Space_Simulator/

I think that you will probably be very interested in it, as it matches exactly what you are searching for in a very realistic space simulator, as it is able to model very closely to actual real space vehicles that have been used throughout human spaceflight history.

Marijn

Reaction score
Are real orbital mechanics simulated there?

Actually, I asked a Star Citizen guru whether the planets orbit around a star and if they do spin. The answer was yes, but I haven't seen any in-game footage which demonstrates this.

I am the first to admit that a realistic implementation of spaceflight would not allow for much gameplay for an action game. But still, do not name your game a sim if it just as arcadish as any other game.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I see this discussion devolving rapidly. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.